Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Here are photos taken today, Nov 10, a day earlier than usual for me. The "time lapse" on my Flickr account is now updated - the view from the NE corner of Bloor and Yonge, mostly weekly from Oct 2020 to Nov 2022.

UTIMG_2554.jpg
UTIMG_2511.jpg
UTIMG_2608.jpg
UTIMG_2568.jpg
UTIMG_2625.jpg
UTIMG_2620.jpg
UTIMG_2629.jpg
UTIMG_2691.jpg

Here are photos taken today, Nov 10, a day earlier than usual for me. The "time lapse" on my Flickr account is now updated - the view from the NE corner of Bloor and Yonge, mostly weekly from Oct 2020 to Nov 2022.

View attachment 438563View attachment 438564

Thanks for the great shots, especially the close up of the corner pillars. From distance and next to the super columns they looked like toothpicks but next to the crew they look like they are at least a 1’x1’ in size.

The ONE - 1 Bloor West - Toronto​

The One, at 1 Bloor Street West, Toronto is an 82-storey condominium, hotel, and retail tower by Mizrahi Developments, and designed by world-renowned Foster + Partners with acclaimed Core Architects. The ONE Bloor West project has been designed to achieve the Canada Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification for incorporating environmentally-sustainable construction practices and energy-efficient design, and the project is currently tracking for Gold certification. Construction began in the early fall of 2017, with a completion date of late 2023 due to the on going COVID-19 Pandemic. CCM helped manage and develop the construction plan throughout the complex excavation & below grade construction turning over the projects construction management to Mizrahi to complete the project from the ground floor onwards.

Anybody know what happened to Clark Construction Management on this project? Seems odd that Mizrahi would become the GC partway through the project.

Last edited:
Random Friday afternoon musings - by the return of Benito they will have completed the mechanical levels and a couple of condo floors. The next set of hangers will be hung. And it will be interesting what kind of pace they set once they get to the condo floors, they look very uniform and repeatable for 18 levels...

My random musing: less than a week after the first mega-column gets its champagne cladding... all 4 floors above the Fruit Store
will be clad and glazed.

Benito won't recognize the joint when he returns.

How wide will the side walks be once the One is completed?

About 8 to 9 m wide around the flagship Aritizia store - and narrows south of that approximately where the heritage building is located.

About 8 to 9 m wide around the flagship Aritizia store - and narrows south of that approximately where the heritage building is located.

Hey what? Are you saying that women's coats will be in those very expensive windows instead of phones and computers?

Or did I not get the joke (which happens)? ??🍏??

Hey what? Are you saying that women's coats will be in those very expensive windows instead of phones and computers?

Or did I not get the joke (which happens)? ??🍏??

Just ongoing thread joke about how funny it’d be if any other retailer except Apple ended up opening.

My money is still Dollorama—with a mezzanine!

Back