Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Curious to see what gets bolted onto these plates. Don’t think we’ve seen these before.

📷: @Benito

View attachment 425901

Pretty sure these are the pedestal steel base for Sam's statue (x 2) planned for this level.

Working title is "Is It Done Yet?".

960x0.jpg

forbes

Curious to see what gets bolted onto these plates. Don’t think we’ve seen these before.

📷: @Benito

View attachment 425901

Looking at the latest images from Benito, it looks like this might be a temporary fixture placed in what would be eventually a door away that in the meantime will be used to hoist/attach the huge braces for the crane - though I don’t remember seeing it in the lower floor where it is attached now:

48AAF228-DD95-4B8A-BA39-C6F3E283785C.jpeg

Uh oh? https://www.theglobeandmail.com/bus...coco-sues-sam-mizrahi-over-control-of-luxury/

The partnership behind the tallest and most ambitious luxury condominium development in Canadian history has disintegrated, sparking a court fight and raising doubts about the future of the project.

Jenny Coco, the road-paving magnate who partnered with well-known Toronto developer Sam Mizrahi to build The One, an 85-storey Toronto skyscraper, is asking the courts to appoint a special investigator to probe the affairs of their jointly owned company.

In a recent court application, the Coco family alleges that after years of discord between Mr. Mizrahi and Ms. Coco, Mr. Mizrahi agreed to buy out their interest in the project by Aug. 30. The Cocos allege they are owed roughly $100-million, which was injected as debt and equity.

But Mr. Mizrahi has failed to secure financing, the Cocos allege. “The buyout is not happening. Sam’s financing has fallen through and he cannot close,” the application alleges.

.... eventually.

This isn't much different the same stuff that was posted a while back. It's not like the Judge is going to bang his/her gavel on the table next week and say "that's it! Stop the project. The Coco's are in the right and Sam is in the wrong". This could take years to get settled. Right now, they're only at the stage where Coco is asking the courts to appoint an special investigator to "probe the affairs". In the meantime, Sam will keep building his baby. This thing could be almost done by the time this goes to litigation.

Last edited:
This isn't much different the same stuff that was posted a while back. This could take years to get settled, in the meantime, Sam will probably keep building his baby.
Maybe, but I assume the cash from Ms Coco will cease or, at best, be restricted and none of this will encourage other lenders. I strongly doubt it will be 'full speed ahead'.

Maybe, but I assume the cash from Ms Coco will cease or, at best, be restricted and none of this will encourage other lenders. I strongly doubt it will be 'full speed ahead'.

Maybe...Maybe not. Some other person with much deeper pockets might come in, especially if they hear Sam's side of the story and believe him. There's a lot of moving parts here...and my guess is for at least the next little while, the project will go on at its current pace which is fast now.

Last edited:

Back