Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Hi @Highriser_CAN_AUT , glad to have you on the forum. I was trying to understand how the rising formwork works, and it looks like the forms will be hanging from the blue structure, and the core is poured before being moved to the next level. My question is that there is currently 3 levels of the elevator core that have yet to be poured. You can see in below from a pic by @Benito from a few weeks ago when they took out the temporary structure to make way for this new formwork section. Will they be pouring all 3 levels from the currently level itself?

View attachment 409216
My understanding, and I might be wrong, is that the outer core walls will be built as usual but utilising the climbing forms (the inside sides). The inner elevator shells and lobby floors will be built subsequently like the corner floors plates. They along with the elevator structure would lag the outer core by at least few floors.

Yeah, the unit sizes don't make sense. But I don't see how those floors could be lower in the tower with only four elevator shafts to service them?

Hi @Highriser_CAN_AUT , glad to have you on the forum. I was trying to understand how the rising formwork works, and it looks like the forms will be hanging from the blue structure, and the core is poured before being moved to the next level. My question is that there is currently 3 levels of the elevator core that have yet to be poured. You can see in below from a pic by @Benito from a few weeks ago when they took out the temporary structure to make way for this new formwork section. Will they be pouring all 3 levels from the currently level itself?
1655964507576.png
1655964580405.png

Morning @fanoftoronto - some "insider" news for you.
That's a screenshot of the cross section where you can see what will happen soon.
The formwork will be suspended from these massive blue I-Beams at the top.
There will be rollers to ensure you can strip the formwork properly.
3 levels below the actual building deck there will this 5ton beauty to do all the work on the elevator core since the box (Super Climber) will not allow any crane movements inside the core.
So the elevator core will always be trailing by a couple of floors.
Hope this more or less explains how the heart of the building will be built?!
Have a great day.

View attachment 409354View attachment 409355
That's a screenshot of the cross section where you can see what will happen soon.
3 levels below the actual building deck there will this 5ton beauty to do all the work on the elevator core since the box (Super Climber) will not allow any crane movements inside the core.
Have a great day.

Amazing, thank you for the detailed explanation.

@khaldoon you were pretty darn accurate with your explanation, thank you.

View attachment 409354View attachment 409355
Have a great day.
What is the target slab to slab time?

no way they arent going to go for a MV after and convert those to big units.

the money is in big units they are selling at 3500 psf

Does anyone have the most up tp date render of this short section of the tower? I though it was supposed to have more windows? As it's looking right now it's kind of hideous maybe I should wait till it's complete to pass judgement but it looks like a big mechanical penthouse but at eye level!

Does anyone have the most up tp date render of this short section of the tower? I though it was supposed to have more windows? As it's looking right now it's kind of hideous maybe I should wait till it's complete to pass judgement but it looks like a big mechanical penthouse but at eye level!

These are windows - with slats in front.

AoD

I agree with you that the render shows clear windows facing Yonge. They even still have the render on their web site:

https://onebloorwest.com/

It is the last image of 9 in the middle of the page that says “View More”.

Here is also a link from Google images:

https://images.app.goo.gl/R8D13xLd2x9jaawc7

Back