Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

20220427_165146_HDR.jpg

...I guess I'll have to wait for @Contra to drop another of his vector diagram updates so I can count the floors properly. It's amazing how easy is for me to lose track of counting such. /sigh
We just moved so my life is about as chaotic as the structural rebar on this one....however a diagram update will happen soon!

I notice that a lot of the rebar sticking up from this last set of walls is ‘hooked’ rather than sticking straight up, like on previous floors. Does that possibly indicate a change of structure for the next floor? I often see rebar finished like that when it won‘t carry on to the next level.

📷: @Benito

FF47F476-EACA-48EE-AC16-27C09575553B.jpeg

Last edited:
One can imagine if they're not planning to include those walls above then that it would make it getting to the next levels up a lot quicker.

The plans show the walls continuing as is up through the hotel floors (level 16) and up to 48.
I agree but perhaps for some floors they change the rebar patterns, e.g. adding more lateral strength? It is interesting to follow and observe, definitely more interesting than anything on TV nowadays.

I think my February column heights were a little off (very hard to judge how hight they get with no floor references...). However I think this should be accurate. Not taller, but definitely more floors built!

View attachment 396485

Amazing as always, @Contra. Though I believe we do have 1 change from this. The top of the Koala super columns have already been covered up and another section of floor and the next level's wall has been poured above it.

So I believe that the top wall and super-column forms that you have rendered in your Apr 28 picture have to be moved up by one level.

I'm pretty bad at explaining this, so I made this below to see if it helps. Honestly, I might be way off base, and apologies if this is completely incorrect.

1651173938132.png

Amazing as always, @Contra. Though I believe we do have 1 change from this. The top of the Koala super columns have already been covered up and another section of floor and the next level's wall has been poured above it.

So I believe that the top wall and super-column forms that you have rendered in your Apr 28 picture have to be moved up by one level.

I'm pretty bad at explaining this, so I made this below to see if it helps. Honestly, I might be way off base, and apologies if this is completely incorrect.
Good catch - shows what happens when I don't pay attention for over a month!

Here's the updated drawing, all credit to @fanoftoronto!

The One 2022 Timeline.jpg

Back