Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Has anyone seen a detail for how the concrete supercolumns are being clad? Specifically, does the curtainwall wrap the columns, or does the curtainwall get sealed to the sides of the column, and then it's just a column cover over the supercolumn? I can't see curtainwall anchors on the supercolumns, but then it might be stuffed halfen tracks or something that just aren't visible right now.

Only asking because if the curtainwall is just sitting between the columns it looks like they could almost start installing now. Just a little more reshoring to come out and they'd be good to go.

Has anyone seen a detail for how the concrete supercolumns are being clad? Specifically, does the curtainwall wrap the columns, or does the curtainwall get sealed to the sides of the column, and then it's just a column cover over the supercolumn? I can't see curtainwall anchors on the supercolumns, but then it might be stuffed halfen tracks or something that just aren't visible right now.

Only asking because if the curtainwall is just sitting between the columns it looks like they could almost start installing now. Just a little more reshoring to come out and they'd be good to go.
I think the cladding partially covers the glass. So I think the curtain wall has to be installed first. There was a post awhile back.

https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2019/10/exclusive-preview-one’s-exterior-finishes

I’ve heard from a very reputable source that this is being capped at the first mechanical level. Hotel and retail to proceed, but the residential portion is on hold due to financial issues.

More info dropping later today.
You know, The Onion claims to be America's finest news source too... 😼

Today. Interesting I don’t recall the forms going on around the super columns before the metal structures being installed first but that is what I’m seeing today.
62278DF2-3EB5-464F-ADC6-82731677B704.jpeg
501D95B6-8EFE-4AC6-9D9A-ECCEFDE154B0.jpeg
82E02707-C860-465D-83FD-9CED2CC50908.jpeg
28BCEACF-A38B-490F-9DCD-E3E1C834D734.jpeg
D751D5A1-6D9A-492A-9F70-FEDF94527E02.jpeg
AC39400B-06D8-4264-BF90-D3D41F6D5C45.jpeg
958B02B6-EFFB-4A9F-81DC-EBAF3F9F423C.jpeg
518ECA50-204B-4D29-A4FC-EEF04EDB3248.jpeg

Nice catch. Didn't even think of that. If there hadn't been previous convos about lawsuits and everything I might have caught this as well...lol.
LOL. It's a well-written and straightforward post, so anyone can be excused for taking it seriously. It was the 1st thing I thought of when I read it, maybe because I write a lot, and it jumped out at me. I've actually seen a few April Fools news stories online, and I'm waiting for the writers to out themselves.😄

Last edited:
Today. Interesting I don’t recall the forms going on around the super columns before the metal structures being installed first but that is what I’m seeing today.
I think they have only the ‘full’ size forms for the columns and what is left of the installed columns is only one level tall. I would think they will install the next set of columns after they pour the walls and floor plate.

Last edited:
I’ve heard from a very reputable source that this is being capped at the first mechanical level. Hotel and retail to proceed, but the residential portion is on hold due to financial issues.

More info dropping later today.

For those who may still be worried, yes this was just a joke 😜.

There’s the ‘more info’!

Because there is no more ibeams now isnt it just rebar?
See my post here for the super column changes
Thank you, @madknife

Looks like the structure in the columns change on the next floor and I beams only on one side. Then the columns change around the 49th floor getting shallower and again on 62nd, all showing no I beam, so I would assume only rebar interiors.

7th

View attachment 382508

8th
View attachment 382509

49th

View attachment 382513

62nd

View attachment 382514

Back