Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

i bet they are pouring walls within 6 or 7 days.

if they begin fitting out the main level retail, how do they weather tight it to prevent water etc coming in from on top.. with other levels that connect not envelope tight.

also notice corner forms on the 4 corners of 2nd floor. i believe we will begin to see these corners closed in and then cladding put on

I remember the main retail level ceiling concrete slab had very few through holes. Seal the window wall up and keep the fingers crossed.

Can anyone explain how the rebar sections of the super columns are attached to each other. There are holes drilled all along the perimeter of the top plates. Some of the plates seem to have rebar rods protruding through the holes. I assume that when a new rebar section is attached the protruding rods get laced through the bottom face plate of the new section?? Or are they bolted together? I can’t tell by looking at the photos.
No, they're really just kind of twist-tied together with steel wire, at least that's what I've seen on visits (haven't visited this one though). The cured concrete of the new column section holds it all together.

I think this photo from September 2020 shows workers attaching two sections by passing bolts through the top plate of one section and the bottom plate of the other.

📷: @skycandy

B9EAF3F7-D48F-4246-9628-B64630158D41.jpeg

These new renders look different than the 338m proposal.

TorontoDrew over at SSP posted some new taller (94s) renders from the updated website @ https://onebloorwest.com/

the-one-building-toronto-architecture-gallery-5-min.jpg.webp

TorontoDrew

the-one-building-toronto-architecture-gallery-2.jpg.webp

TorontoDrew

the-one-building-toronto-architecture-gallery-6.jpg.webp

TorontoDrew

I found this from an older post that we were brainstorming for fun to make each component of the building have 3 hangar sections. The first model is the approved 308m proposal, the middle model is the proposed 338m tall proposal, the last model is the concept that @steveve made to create symmetry and make the topmost section of the building to have 3 hangar sections.
@Tasmanian Tiger @fanoftoronto as per suggestions, here's how The One would look with a complete third segment:
I've excluded floor counts and heights from this third option since its arbitrary, but the model shown as 'concept' is approximately 346m / 1135 feet tall.

50804144111_e00790ece1_k.jpg

I wonder which render/proposal is correct.

For reference, the application submitted to the city has this as the top portion of the tower:
1648756776408.png

Regarding the steel columns I would be very surprised if they weren't bolted together. Bolting would be most effective as I expect here torquing values would be structurally significant. I could be wrong.

Thank you all for the reply to my question. The photo really helps explain how the column sections are attached to each other. I’m guessing that they are bolted together because, as mentioned previously, they can then be torqued to a specific amount and bolting is stronger than welding in this case.

Last edited:

Back