Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Hmmm… now I’m super curious to know what’s happening with the elevator shafts. They didn’t form the walls but now they forming a slab on top? 🤔

📷 @thaivic

View attachment 387134

I wonder if the change has to do with installing the SkyBuild elevators that will be used initially for construction and later converted to passenger ones.

March 20
Not a great day to shoot the site as well having the Parada
51953525636_522a81550f_b.jpg

51953525726_c1d64234e9_b.jpg

51953525756_cc7224de7c_b.jpg

51953606318_d59e83276f_b.jpg

51952550542_814e938b4e_b.jpg

51952550497_0908caa5a3_b.jpg

I'm curious to know how the concrete pump will get its concrete loaded and how the pump will extend to 85 storys (if it does). The 6 inch pipe that used to run from the concrete pump on Balmuto Street, along the alley to the red nozzle apparatus has been removed. I assume the pump on Balmuto will no longer be in service. Refer to the red dotted line in the images below. How will the concrete be poured as the building climbs? Crane and bucket?

View attachment 387034

View attachment 387035

View attachment 387038

View attachment 387039
If you look back a number of pages, you will see my photos showing how the piping was place underground from the street to the tower.

It the first time I seen it done this way. Seen other style, but always on the subject land.

Thanks drum118. The pipe was originally placed above ground along the alleyway curb. It was later covered with concrete. When I noticed it was gone I assumed it was removed because the pump isn’t able to push the cement any higher. I didn’t realize the pipe was simply buried deeper. Anyway, it was a roundabout way of asking how high up can cement be pumped? There must be a limit??

Thanks drum118. The pipe was originally placed above ground along the alleyway curb. It was later covered with concrete. When I noticed it was gone I assumed it was removed because the pump isn’t able to push the cement any higher. I didn’t realize the pipe was simply buried deeper. Anyway, it was a roundabout way of asking how high up can cement be pumped? There must be a limit??
Not sure what the limit is, but they pumped concrete over 600M for the Burj Khalifa...

If you look back a number of pages, you will see my photos showing how the piping was place underground from the street to the tower.

It the first time I seen it done this way. Seen other style, but always on the subject land.
At one time there was piping for the concrete pumps of the Telus Building on York Street from the west side of York to the east; maybe not common but not unique.

So I'm looking at Benito's last picture with the diagonals in place. At what point do they remove the yellow support column?
I am going to say not until the 3 floors above are poured until the next diagonal beams etc. Plus all of the supports are still there for the rest of the floors, so I wouldn't expect before those go as well.
Long while still.

Back