Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I dont understand why theres like two starkly opposed sides to this thread. One group that sees everything about this site as a failure and another that sees nothing wrong. It's a construction project and frankly it's bizarre.

Utakata is right, jeddah tower is more about politics than anything else. It's nowhere remotely close in example to this. The building was entirely funded by the state in an attempt for Saudi Arabia to have bragging rights over the UAE. Construction on the tower has been frozen for years now. It's about as far from similar to the one as possible.

As for announcing a pour date and missing it. No it is not the end of the world, it is far from it in fact and it doesn't mean this building is doomed. However, it's totally fair to criticize someone for saying hey this is gonna happen in a few days and it doesn't happen for a few weeks, on a building that's already delayed. *in my opinion* it just hammers home the fact that Sam is in over his head and this site has been poorly managed. That again does not mean I think this wont get built, but it's gonna take quite some time I believe and I think it's clear that Sam and his company shoulder some blame for the delays here.

hmmm... i don't understand... are you... are you being reasonable and evenhanded in this thread...??? that's... that's out-of-the-world bizarre!!! 🤣

Today.
7B9DED22-9872-4686-B175-09B74C4C6531.jpeg
F6F25AB7-5FFE-44FB-87DD-4405BAEC772D.jpeg
2337B196-C5B3-4391-AFF6-0EDBE2461DBD.jpeg
BDF28A84-D5D9-4662-8101-603514FEB79B.jpeg
4C5F5523-D54E-4B1C-A203-C7E9C9575F91.jpeg

For some odd reason, likely due to the atypical disjointed podium, the base is now giving me a chic boutique feel, but almost as if it were constructed inside of a nice mall, made to imitate a stand alone building outside. If that makes any sense. Despite the super columns (which btw contract amazing with the glass even unclad), it just feels scary to imagine 80+ stories layered over this sleek, sculpted transparent cube base, without crushing it. It’s just strange, like I would almost expect it to top out soon blending in with the neighbouring H&M lol, if I passed by for the first time knowing nothing about the project. I realize my impression may sound bizarre. Nevertheless, I’m sure the tower’s name won’t be just a marketing ploy after all.

I've seen a snail move faster... I wonder how many trips a snail could have made up & down Yonge from Bloor to the waterfront up till this point in The One's construction? And how many trips that snail will have made when the building is complete? Any bored mathematician's in here lol.

And let's just assume this snail can't be killed by feet or cars. 😅

I've seen a snail move faster... I wonder how many trips a snail could have made up & down Yonge from Bloor to the waterfront up till this point in The One's construction? And how many trips that snail will have made when the building is complete? Any bored mathematician's in here lol.

And let's just assume this snail can't be killed by feet or cars. 😅
Because I'm bored I did some easy math. Garden snail speed: 0.05 km/h. Distance from Yonge/Bloor to the lake: 3.3 km. A snail would take 66 hours or 2 .75 days to reach the lake from The One. Damn I expected the snail to take at least a few weeks to reach the lake. So the answer to your question is in the high hudreds with 133 trips completed per year.

Back