Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Let's hope it was a delay of only 1 week (the first pour was originally scheduled for Monday last week), making the next pour happen on Thursday.
Well its literally one week delay now and ticking past as we speak. The rebar is not yet finished so optimistically next week and 2 weeks delayed. As mentioned by other commenters it was an odd choice to publicly announce the pour. An unnecessary "failure" in the public eye.

Well its literally one week delay now and ticking past as we speak. The rebar is not yet finished so optimistically next week and 2 weeks delayed. As mentioned by other commenters it was an odd choice to publicly announce the pour. An unnecessary "failure" in the public eye.
What public eye? I think only enthusiasts on forums like this pay attention to such details. Secondly even if a wider audience were to be paying attention to this I doubt whether they would consider a delay in construction schedule to be a failure. This project might have seen more than its share of delays but when it comes to construction projects, such occurrences are par for the course. For a more spectacular example, google the Jeddah Tower.

I think the Jeddah Tower business is more about politics and purging. I really hope that's not the case here. >.<

Last edited:
Seriously folks. Go out for a walk and enjoy the day. Whether they pour today or in a month is not that big a deal. It's getting there.

Meanwhile, glass installation has now turned over the corner to the Bloor side

09A3D015-1915-491D-8D3A-3C2799C7BC9A.jpeg

Hopefully they plan on installing some minimalistic bollards around here in the future. You know, in case God forbid a car wanders its way through the glass as we've seen happen countless times in this city.

I can only imagine how much of a pain it would be to replace the glass here.

Hopefully they plan on installing some minimalistic bollards around here in the future. You know, in case God forbid a car wanders its way through the glass as we've seen happen countless times in this city.

I can only imagine how much of a pain it would be to replace the glass here.
Glass can be replaced. If bollards were installed, they should be to protect all the people who would be walking/standing/riding by the site at any given time of the day.

I dont understand why theres like two starkly opposed sides to this thread. One group that sees everything about this site as a failure and another that sees nothing wrong. It's a construction project and frankly it's bizarre.

Utakata is right, jeddah tower is more about politics than anything else. It's nowhere remotely close in example to this. The building was entirely funded by the state in an attempt for Saudi Arabia to have bragging rights over the UAE. Construction on the tower has been frozen for years now. It's about as far from similar to the one as possible.

As for announcing a pour date and missing it. No it is not the end of the world, it is far from it in fact and it doesn't mean this building is doomed. However, it's totally fair to criticize someone for saying hey this is gonna happen in a few days and it doesn't happen for a few weeks, on a building that's already delayed. *in my opinion* it just hammers home the fact that Sam is in over his head and this site has been poorly managed. That again does not mean I think this wont get built, but it's gonna take quite some time I believe and I think it's clear that Sam and his company shoulder some blame for the delays here.

Back