Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The clips are probably for expansion and contraction as glass expands due to temperature change. I learned this recently, as I work in a brand new build Tim Hortons, and I being nosey and stuff asked the glass guys as they were finishing the exterior what was the deal with the clamps holding the glass in. They are temporary as I couldn't understand why the guy was removing them when they put the molding on the outside.

I wonder if those clips are permanent/part of the mounting hardware or if they will be removed. If this is Apple (sorry) it's definitely a different design decision than their other stores (except for the freestanding glass structures like 5th avenue cube).

Here's the glass manufacturers site showing how this glass is usually mounted: Seele
And another example of glass without mounting hardware: Dezeen

Exactly what I was wondering myself.

Benito's perch, LOL
crane.jpg

And I'm probably stating the obvious, but it looks like things are starting to pick up again. <3

Last edited:
That glass is super impressive. I don't know the correct terminology but usually you see distorted images/reflections in large panes like this or slight waves but these ones are pristine and the reflections are picture perfect! You definitely know big money was spent on the glass for the retail unit!

And I'm probably stating the obvious, but it looks like things are starting to pick up again. <3

Yes, I'm sure it's due to all the squawking on this site about what a terrible developer Mizrahi is, and how no one knows what they're doing.

Everyone give yourselves a pat on the back. :p

Back