Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I see glazing on the lobby this early on a good sign that things are progressing here. Why else would it be going up?
There could be time constraints/obligations in any agreements Mizrahi may have with a leading retailer anchor?

I see glazing on the lobby this early on a good sign that things are progressing here. Why else would it be going up?

All guesses at this point. The logical reason for wanting to expedite the enclosure of the ground floor space would be so that interior fit outs can begin. But I would have imagined that the installation of such a large and fragile component of the building would have come at a much later date, especially when space heavily constrained at this site. Test panel or not, a pleasant surprise nonetheless!

Test panel or not, something is clearly happening here and things are moving along. All good signs to me.

From earlier in the evening.
PXL_20210706_011810692.jpg

PXL_20210706_011942367.MP.jpg

PXL_20210706_012218875.MP.jpg

That is one massive single pane of glass.

This seems too early from glass just from a logistical standpoint imo. However the idea that there may be a date in which the ground floor retail needs to be done by is definitely plausible. That is some gorgeous glass for sure.

I'd have thought they'd keep the ground floor open for deliveries and logistics, but I guess they have it figured out.

The more surprising thing to me is that they'd do storefront glazing before getting the hangers connected to the corners of the second floor slab. That slab could potentially deflect by a not-insignificant amount once the load is transferred off of that giant shoring post and onto the hangers. I can think of at least one other project in Toronto where a massive steel element snapped like a spring once it got cut off of its falsework, and it caused all kinds of headaches for the pre-fabricated finishing panels that were yet to be installed.

That's seemingly early...........to see glazing going in.............
My cynical self wants to say they're waiting on something before they can progress, but they need to do things in the meantime to make it look like they are still busy to their creditors. "So hey, let's put up some glass!" I really hope I am wrong in that... /sigh

Thank God for some of the speculations, lately, about the cause of the relative slowdown. They've provided me entertainment in place of the excitement of seeing significant progress.

Back