Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Toronto Model 07-02-21 The One.png

I'm kinda bummed that they didn't use the long weekend to do the transfer slab pour. I figure with the logistics involved (a fleet of cement trucks going through the Yonge-Bloor area), they can only do the pour on the weekends, so we won't see any movement until at least Saturday when the next opportunity is available for a pour.

I'm no expert on this, but it looks like a lot of rebar material is on site and has to be installed before any major concrete pour. I'd be happy to see it all in place for a big pour this weekend. But not holding my breath, as I don't see a lot of workers on site.

I'm kinda bummed that they didn't use the long weekend to do the transfer slab pour. I figure with the logistics involved (a fleet of cement trucks going through the Yonge-Bloor area), they can only do the pour on the weekends, so we won't see any movement until at least Saturday when the next opportunity is available for a pour.

This isn't true. Sometimes they do them late at night. The last one I believe was done at like 10 or 11pm on a weekday night and they blocked off a chunk of Bloor West to do it.

This isn't true. Sometimes they do them late at night. The last one I believe was done at like 10 or 11pm on a weekday night and they blocked off a chunk of Bloor West to do it.
You're right, but I figured none of the previous pours were quite as massive as this one, so they might opt to do the pour on the weekend as opposed to late night on a weekday. I might be wildly off base, though!

Back