E0C806B2-2DE1-45D3-B106-4BB280BE90E2.jpeg
60251D69-C34A-4A95-8F19-D5AA9D766B17.jpeg
6CC51464-5028-46FC-94B3-8FE6343612FC.jpeg
B97D7434-DD75-4611-BB24-F599F3533D78.jpeg
B9DF8DF2-1DBD-46B5-83D6-8DA5A3F0D7D1.jpeg
DE4D08AF-FD3D-40B4-95DB-65F3BC367513.jpeg
9119D896-7908-4911-BBCE-6C3035E376E8.jpeg
E125FAB5-C213-4103-8B1D-F3F37E37F1DA.jpeg

I was hoping this would start to make an impact on the skyline by summer. Boy, was I wrong 😆

They've had to do a lot of housekeeping in the last month. Two crane removals and one above grade installation. Looks like by July we'll have the "podium type floors" completed. Not slow by any standards considering no floors in tower section early last December. I'm sure once we get into the hotel suite type floors repetitive work will speed up construction significantly and we'll have some height by end of year. Can it get any better?

Certain construction projects definitely take longer than others. Brings back memories watching the Trump Tower / St. Regis project go up. At a mere 57 floors, it was a 4.5 year build from start to finish if I recall. Also constrained by a small site and complex lower levels, including the above grade parking.
The One looks like it will be a 6+ year construction project.

I'm not sure I care how long it takes, as long as it gets completed. And that there are no more weird work stoppage orders along the way.

Certain construction projects definitely take longer than others. Brings back memories watching the Trump Tower / St. Regis project go up. At a mere 57 floors, it was a 4.5 year build from start to finish if I recall. Also constrained by a small site and complex lower levels, including the above grade parking.
The One looks like it will be a 6+ year construction project.
I still remember obsessing over updates on here of them pouring those basement levels back in 2008 😄

Still, this is generally one of the more exciting projects rising right now so there's definitely major anticipation for when this baby breaks into and eventually dominates the skyline.

I still remember obsessing over updates on here of them pouring those basement levels back in 2008 😄
I moved into the Bay Adelaide Tower when it opened in 2009 with a south facing office and had a good view of this site. I assumed I would lose my view, but it took a really long time. I'd moved into an east-facing office before that happened.

That's also the first clear picture I've seen of the curtainwall anchors. I didn't realize that the hangers were going to be inside the curtainwall. So really, all of "hangers" that we see from the street are going to be decorative pieces to express the structural features hidden behind the wall. Not sure how I feel about that. Architecturally, I don't know if there's that much difference between this and the faux cross-bracing at The Well. I guess it's not quite as ersatz given that there are actual structural members there, but it seems more postmodern than modern.

Though it's probably an academic point that 99% of the people walking by won't care about. It's going to be tall and distinctive, that's about all the average pedestrian notices.

Some of those forms seem to be up to the next set of beams. And some of them seem above those beams...

...it's not only just the spectacular steal frame work that interesting here. But these little "inconsistencies" that suggests something fascinating is at foot.

That's also the first clear picture I've seen of the curtainwall anchors. I didn't realize that the hangers were going to be inside the curtainwall. So really, all of "hangers" that we see from the street are going to be decorative pieces to express the structural features hidden behind the wall. Not sure how I feel about that. Architecturally, I don't know if there's that much difference between this and the faux cross-bracing at The Well. I guess it's not quite as ersatz given that there are actual structural members there, but it seems more postmodern than modern.

Though it's probably an academic point that 99% of the people walking by won't care about. It's going to be tall and distinctive, that's about all the average pedestrian notices.
Architectural "honesty", imo, isn't very important. What matters is how the building looks.

Back