Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

agreed with most that the corners for this project seem very odd. Seems more costly to do it this way. No? Waste of time and money as those corners could have stood up alone without the braces yet to come. Not really sure why they are doing it this way either unless what others are asking is a reality and that these spaces at the corners are open in several floors to create atriums.

agreed with most that the corners for this project seem very odd. Seems more costly to do it this way. No? Waste of time and money as those corners could have stood up alone without the braces yet to come. Not really sure why they are doing it this way either unless what others are asking is a reality and that these spaces at the corners are open in several floors to create atriums.
I never said they where bad thing if that if that's what they are intending of them. Nor am I sure what extra cost will incur when there is less surface area for that floor to deal with. As well as, I see no apparent effect to the overall design of the building by having those there. I am just curious to know why they are there instead.

Today.
B4687D1C-95B0-44C2-8CD0-9FB720C94B28.jpeg
676B70EA-9CBE-443D-938F-800CFA0D5BCB.jpeg
CAD67C3B-5363-4C6B-B64D-67E3B1A023CC.jpeg
62F803F7-1A0E-4CA4-882A-41F225623CF0.jpeg
36AEEC51-B340-4190-81FD-2EF3F8B37A33.jpeg
9663D4DD-1EAD-4517-86AD-D1D6CEEEC2EC.jpeg
960A104D-1662-48CE-BA4C-930574653680.jpeg
BF959A11-BDCE-448E-8206-AFE67AF90217.jpeg

Floorplans would suggest these will be filled in but things change so who knows!
All I can say to that is that it would seem weird if they are going to fill those then in the afterthought, unless there is something else is going on that we the lay observers are unaware of.

If you attach diagonal coat hanger beams to these columns they’ll likely bend (as they are just rebar and not meant to bear that load without the concrete filling) and violate the integrity of the supercolumn skeleton.

So they are pouring supercolumns together with floors (but without the corners) up to the point of diagonal beam attachment point before installing these beams.

It’s not a mystery.

If you attach diagonal coat hanger beams to these columns they’ll likely bend (as they are just rebar and not meant to bear that load without the concrete filling) and violate the integrity of the supercolumn skeleton.

So they are pouring supercolumns together with floors (but without the corners) up to the point of diagonal beam attachment point before installing these beams.

It’s not a mystery.
So the claim here is that they are leaving out the corners until they have installed those diagonal beam thingies?

For the record though, no one has declared this a mystery...rather it's something outside of what we understand (or least I do) and are reasonably trying to make sense of this. It's why we ask (or least I ask) questions here. I hope that's not an issue...

...but it's not a surprise from where I stand that an unconventionally constructed building is constructed unconventionally. Or at least to the lay observer.

Last edited:
So the claim here is that they are leaving out the corners until they have installed those diagonal beam thingies?

For the record though, no one has declared this a mystery...rather it's something outside of what we understand (or least I do) and are reasonably trying to make sense of this. It's why we ask (or least I) questions here. I hope that's not an issue...

...but it's not a surprise from where I stand that an unconventionally constructed building is constructed unconventionally. Or at least to the lay observer.
Thanks you!

Back