Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

1617403622375.png

When I was a kid in the early 60's, my friends and I used to regularly walk about thirty minutes to the stadium to collect discarded pop bottles to refund for candy money. I actually attended one or two games there.
Me too. I used to get 2 cents a bottle which would buy me 10 black-balls. Remember those?
Wow way before my time, but you guys must be over 80..o_O🤣...Cheers

Well before my time too but we should treasure these peeks into our past. Baseball's very first games (1838) were ones played in SW Ontario but many locals think baseball arrived in Ontario with the establishment of the Blue Jays. I knew about the Maple Leafs baseball team but it's first hand accounts like collecting discarded pop bottles that bring it all to life.

Last edited:
Me too. I used to get 2 cents a bottle which would buy me 10 black-balls. Remember those?
I do, but either my memory is fading or you're older, as I seem to remember them being 4-fer-one. I used to buy them at a corner store directly across the street from Givins-Shaw School (built in 1914), which I attended from Kindergarten to Grade 7. Maybe 10 years ago, or so, the school was re-purposed as Artscape Youngplace.

I find it curious that construction is concentrating on the lower southern portion of the project while the tower will take much longer to construct. I can only assume that they want to set up the yellow crane and remove and black heavy lift northern crane as soon as possible. Does anyone know any more one this subject?

I find it curious that construction is concentrating on the lower southern portion of the project while the tower will take much longer to construct. I can only assume that they want to set up the yellow crane and remove and black heavy lift northern crane as soon as possible. Does anyone know any more one this subject?
yellow crane is needed for the tower, black crane will be removed eventually

Looking at those climbing platforms on the columns, now I get why they haven't put the hangers on yet. Those platforms need to get up above the upper brackets for the hangers, or else the hangers would prevent the platforms from climbing. Or else, they'd have to tie up the crane to remove each of the platforms, fly them up to the next point, and then re-attach them.

Back