Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Incidentally, this is also my thousandth post. It is nice to finally earn my promotion to a senior member. It only took me seven years...
Also congrats!

...which reminds me though, when did I become a Senior? I thought I was still too wet behind the ears to earn that distinguished title. :(

I live diagonally SW of The One, and I'm eagerly awaiting the first day of being able to see the top of the crane from my relatively low floor on St. Mary Street. My guess/hope is that with the next crane lift, It will then be in sight. Is it silly to feel such excitement? Perhaps. But Covid has given us strange new aspirational goals! 🤣

You have to have a view like Benito to really hoover up those likes.
I mean, my like ratio isnt bad and I havent posted a single photo in the buildings threads. It's possible, you just have to strategically plan out your comments.

It's the extreme boredom from covid that has brought me this low 😂

Well I've been a member for more than a decade and still considered a New Member! I guess because I can't be bothered fighting with the mods and all the other politically correct members who think that central Toronto is the be all and end all of the universe! I can almost taste the contempt for anything or anyone outside a five km area of city hall or who owns a car! I do, however, appreciate the photo journalism of many of the members here! Kudos to them!

D3F2E31D-713A-4296-BAD2-FBF6EE6CE9A0.jpeg
57775904-7CF5-4AA3-82D3-8509330AD1C5.jpeg

I’ve followed this thread for awhile but just made an account to post. I’m very excited about this project and hope the city approves the height increase. Can’t wait to see this thing when it’s done.
I've been following the site for a while, too, and I'm also new here. I'm really hoping the height increase gets approved. This is the building that deserves to be the height champion of the city. At least until the next contender comes along. It's a major signature tower. I'm amazed at how big the skyline, and even city overall is becoming. I haven't been following it all as long as most people on here, I'm sure. But I love seeing all the new towers get approved and go up. Toronto's skyline is amazing and the best is yet to come.

I've been following the site for a while, too, and I'm also new here. I'm really hoping the height increase gets approved. This is the building that deserves to be the height champion of the city. At least until the next contender comes along. It's a major signature tower. I'm amazed at how big the skyline, and even city overall is becoming. I haven't been following it all as long as most people on here, I'm sure. But I love seeing all the new towers get approved and go up. Toronto's skyline is amazing and the best is yet to come.

welcome to UT!

Does anybody know where the Developer is as far as the process for applying for the extra height to 338 metres is at this point? Or where they and the city at at right now in the process? I seem to recall that originally the height was higher than when it is now, but they lowered it before going before the city for approval because of some public input on the design. I think.

Does anybody know where the Developer is as far as the process for applying for the extra height to 338 metres is at this point? Or where they and the city at at right now in the process? I seem to recall that originally the height was higher than when it is now, but they lowered it before going before the city for approval because of some public input on the design. I think.
The application has been made, and we will receive an update once the city reviews and responds

Back