Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Lets be clear, I stated the floor framing will change at the 4th floor and never stated this was the 4th floor. From what I recalled looking at the rendering which could be wrong, the first 3 floors were tall floors then reduce above them.

As you noted where the the 3rd floor is to go, would you not say that the underside of the truss is not the 4th floor??

Those things sticking out are stud to be anchor into concrete. Since I haven't been around when a lot of the steel has been erected, those areas as noted could be connection points where one section is connected to another as a splice point that is welded in the field.

My photo tours for the last 2 years have been 4-11 months between visit as well my need to be in various area and haven't spent much time viewing sites, like this one. That is to change starting this month.
No need to be condescending. I was just clarifying due to the fact that your photo, to which you were trying to explain, did not show the 3rd floor concrete connection areas. Your first line does mention the 3rd floor which is why I commented on it.
I do agree that the above is the 4th floor framing and was pointing out the 3rd floor "framing" areas to those who might have miss understood.

I know I and the rest of the forum appreciate you and the others that take these photos for us to see the progress.

Today. A couple of closeups from Nordstrom Rack.

213F3C11-AA11-4D4A-A70B-75A43CB3820F.jpeg

4E53B296-E3B6-430B-98C9-A2EE4B302735.jpeg

Anyone has any idea when will they hook the corners to the super columns?
After they pour them to the full height of this segment so they can handle the weight?! or until they pour the top podium floor?

Anyone has any idea when will they hook the corners to the super columns?
After they pour them to the full height of this segment so they can handle the weight?! or until they pour the top podium floor?
You can see from this @fanoftoronto shot that they haven’t extended the forms for the next floor out to the corners yet. I wonder if they’re leaving room to install the diagonal hangers next, and then will place the forms for the corners around them.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can see from this @fanoftoronto shot that they haven’t extended the forms for the next floor out to the corners yet. I wonder if they’re leaving room to install the diagonal hangers next, and then will place the forms for the corners around them.

View attachment 306832
My guess is the forms will be extended out to the corner after the next set of platforms are attached to the super columns. The diagonal hangers will be at the 6th level where there are anchors on the super columns (circled on @Benito ’s photo)

1674CE48-EA11-45AF-9049-B59DEC70A774.jpeg

They seem to have demolished quite a bit of concrete from the top of the podium core. I can understand a little bit might be required, but there’s a lot of now-exposed rebar.

My guess is the forms will be extended out to the corner after the next set of platforms are attached to the super columns. The diagonal hangers will be at the 6th level where there are anchors on the super columns (circled on @Benito ’s photo)

View attachment 306905

They seem to have demolished quite a bit of concrete from the top of the podium core. I can understand a little bit might be required, but there’s a lot of now-exposed rebar.
No concrete was demolished on the podium core, the rebar is there for connecting with the next pour.

Back