Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Let the public record be known that I am another vote for the shade loving crowd! I always go where the shade is no matter if it's summer or winter.

As for the building... how close are we to the first floor that will have hotel suites or condos?

Last edited:

Ten upcoming supertall skyscrapers from the world's best-known architects

One of three Toronto projects (Gehry, Herzog) featured in the article.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 7.14.34 PM.png

Ten upcoming supertall skyscrapers from the world's best-known architects

One of three Toronto projects (Gehry, Herzog) featured in the article.

View attachment 302325
Thanks for sharing!
30% of the towers cited are in toronto! So exciting!

Seeing the tower structure emerging from the podium, it seems like you're actually not going to lose much of your view beyond what was previously taken by 1BE, @Benito.
It will block my view of the beautiful damaged the Bay sign, won’t that be a pity. From early on when the location of the tower was finalized I knew my eastern view wasn’t going to change that much. I will lose the Rosedale view I currently have left.

we've made it to page 600 of this thread 🥳

Let's put this into historical perspective. Currently number 4 in terms of pages. And roughly tied for number 3 in terms of replies and views. Considering it has barely started to climb and the others are long completed I suspect The One will be number 1 on all fronts long before completion. And this is post #9,000 in this thread.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 1.04.40 PM.png

Let's put this into historical perspective. Currently number 4 in terms of pages. And roughly tied for number 3 in terms of replies and views. Considering it has barely started to climb and the others are long completed I suspect The One will be number 1 on all fronts long before completion. And this is post #9,000 in this thread.

View attachment 302831

I would caveat this prediction with a "it depends on what happens with Mirvish+Gehry". While The One has a substantial lead right now, M+G is at an earlier stage, but will probably shoot up in posts once construction starts. Probably The One will gain the top position before M+G catches up, but I'm not sure that's a certainty, and if we look back on similar statistics in 5 - 10 years, I expect M+G will be #1.

I would caveat this prediction with a "it depends on what happens with Mirvish+Gehry". While The One has a substantial lead right now, M+G is at an earlier stage, but will probably shoot up in posts once construction starts. Probably The One will gain the top position before M+G catches up, but I'm not sure that's a certainty, and if we look back on similar statistics in 5 - 10 years, I expect M+G will be #1.

I would double caveat that with a "it depends if we'll be lucky to have someone like @Benito providing the live updates" 😊

Back