Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

The diagrid in one of the renderings confirms it (plus these are actually from the designer website on the project).

AoD
Not to be overly particular though, but the window curtains appear to be hanging behind the leaning column suggesting it's the brace is inside the room picted in question. Where as, The One the diagrid columns are mostly outside the rendered structure.

Not to be overly particular though, but the window curtains appear to be hanging behind the leaning column suggesting it's the brace is inside the room picted in question. Where as, The One the diagrid columns are mostly outside the rendered structure.

Nope, I think the diagrid has always been behind the glazing- here is another rendering of the interior residential spaces:

1611690133094.png

(Mizrahi/F+P via UT)

I also wouldn't count on interior renderings to be exacting at depicting architectural details either. Also if you look at the Architectural Plans (Dec 2020) for Level 5:

1611691024419.png

(Mizrahi/F+P - via AIC)

You can see the structural member is behind the glazing - but it is also outwardly expressed by cladding immediately beyond it. In fact this corner is almost an exact reference to the rendering (save the environs beyond and the generic furniture placement).

AoD

Last edited:
The diagrid column is flush with the window as one would expect with that one. And not fully inside as it appears to be with the render in contention...

(Although at this point, I am willing to entertain that they made a number of mistakes with said render, including its location. So in the end you are probably right, where as the artist(s) where wrong.)

I think the location of the diagrid will change from floor to floor as it is on an angle, but other then that, it appears to be consistent with the render in form, as it is shown in three elements on the plan; a boxed element on the inside of the window plane, a solid in the window plane, and a triangular form on the outside of the window plane. No?

The diagrid column is flush with the window as one would expect with that one. And not fully inside as it appears to be with the render in contention...

(Although at this point, I am willing to entertain that they made a number of mistakes with said render, including its location. So in the end you are probably right, where as the artist(s) where wrong.)
It's not that they've made a 'mistake' with the exteriors, it's that they're not bothered about depicting the what's outside the windows, other than that it's a piece of the city. The exterior is not important for those renderings, only the interior.

Accuracy of the entirety of an image being marketed matters.. People form opinions based on that, not parts of an image. Artists surely know this so when they portray things with inaccuracies they're not being transparent. Their aim is to manipulate whomever is consuming said material.

If they couldn't be bothered to show things as they are, they shouldn't be hired. If they're going to misrepresent that, it calls into question every other bit of information they present. What else are they misrepresenting?

Last edited:
I think the location of the diagrid will change from floor to floor as it is on an angle, but other then that, it appears to be consistent with the render in form, as it is shown in three elements on the plan; a boxed element on the inside of the window plane, a solid in the window plane, and a triangular form on the outside of the window plane. No?

The box is the actual structural element; the triangle is the profile of the exterior cladding - and there is a gap between the two. My sense is the exterior expression is purely for aesthetics - they could have gone with just straight up glazing.

Accuracy of the entirety of an image being marketed matters.. People form opinions based on that not parts of an image.

I doubt anyone other than the hotel (the customer) would be in a position to care - and I doubt they'd care for what are basically concept images. Remember these are from the interior designer for their client, not someone in the general public wanting to buy a unit.

AoD

It's not that they've made a 'mistake' with the exteriors, it's that they're not bothered about depicting the what's outside the windows, other than that it's a piece of the city. The exterior is not important for those renderings, only the interior.

I get that. But perhaps I am being overly a stickler for accuracy. Then again, a lot of bad things have happen of late due to accuracy being fudged, to put it mildly. So this becomes bothersome to me.

Those interiors look gorgeous and the views south from the upper floors will be heaven. Whoever lives up there will be at the top of the city, literally lol.

The box is the actual structural element; the triangle is the profile of the exterior cladding - and there is a gap between the two. My sense is the exterior expression is purely for aesthetics - they could have gone with just straight up glazing.
AoD

That makes sense, otherwise, if the windows were fitted within the diagrid, you might risk windows popping out if there is any sway in the building - especially at higher elevations.

Levels 0, 1, and 2 are all covered in that massive ground floor. And the ceiling is a solid 12 meters above the ground. Above that are the 2 levels for Restaurant (Event Space), followed by the Hotel lobby and then the residential lobby at Level 6. The common floorplans raise above this.

View attachment 296186
How do you have the residential lobby on the 6th floor? Does that mean residents will need to take one elevator from the ground floor to the 6th floor and get on a different elevator to their unit? That sounds like the complete opposite of luxury to me!

Back