Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I think we went through the same sort of cracks and splits in the basement pours of the supercolumns as well. Honestly, I don't know much about concrete pours, but these buildings go through stringent inspection and approvals for a reason.

Up she goes, last pour of the day!
7670D2A8-3776-457C-8808-B838BF137E72.jpeg
049F0E84-0D28-4DE1-904D-8058AF785C1F.jpeg
9BAB8909-C7CA-4DBA-AEC2-CDD9DD27A97D.jpeg

I didn't know about the Rogers or Sherman connections here:

[Edward] Rogers invests in real estate through a private development company called Constantine Enterprises, founded in 2013 with fellow Western graduate Robert Hiscox, its chief executive. Toronto-based Constantine is not involved in the Rogers Centre or any other Rogers corporate property. Constantine takes on projects that require patience, a deft touch with politicians and builders, and significant capital.

For example, Constantine stepped up as a backer of Canada’s tallest condo, an 85-storey tower in Toronto called The One, after one of its financiers, pharmaceutical billionaire Barry Sherman, and his wife were killed in their home three years ago.

The One is not an investment for the faint of heart. The project, led by Mizrahi Developments, has an estimated $1-billion price tag and is taking years to build, exposing its owners to the ups and downs of a volatile Toronto condo market. On The One and Constantine’s portfolio of condos, office buildings and medical facilities, Mr. Hiscox said in a recent marketing report that the developer takes “a multigenerational approach” to ownership.

Amazing photos Benito. You really know how to capture the details. I guess they will pour the slap for the upper level first since it will be completely supported by the embedded steel. They can then remove the braces and pour the lower level.

Amazing photos Benito. You really know how to capture the details. I guess they will pour the slap for the upper level first since it will be completely supported by the embedded steel. They can then remove the braces and pour the lower level.
The slab that is being formed now is the ceiling of the ground level. There is no slab beneath it. The question I have is, before this pour happens, will the large crane be removed?

The slab that is being formed now is the ceiling of the ground level. There is no slab beneath it. The question I have is, before this pour happens, will the large crane be removed?
From my understanding the larger crane was just for the initial super-columns and will be replaced with one similar to the yellow crane as it rises.

This was a great post on the future crane details from Jul 10, 2019

The 710 Liebherr (Yellow) Will be moved by the TG2300 Mega crane to on top of the 6th floor South Podium (Structure has been redesigned to take the load down without reshoring). Then the 710 will remove the TG2300 from the core and climb the building as an outer tower crane. Why outer - way easier and faster to climb down and remove then taking it out of the building.

Back