NW corner...including form laying down.

P1210440.jpg

This descended into NE corner of site.

P1210425.jpg

P1210442.jpg

P1210444.jpg

P1210434.jpg

Last edited:
In my 40 years in the business i have never seen jacks that would extend that high to support the formwork.
Hi thaivic I've got a question for you, for high rise office/residential construction is it really quicker to build up multi layers of jacks rather than frame or pole scaffolding for high ceilings? I would have thought staging multiple floors would slow the work down yet I see on the internet its quite common for office and institutional work.

Last edited:
This same method was just used at the Ontario Court of Justice Building now under construction northwest of City Hall. Here's a shot by @coreybrendan showing several levels of shoring in place to create the atrium.

img_4216-jpeg.250919

Hi interchange, frames and poles here not jacks but yes I did see this and other examples on internet of hospitals etc where same technique used. Maybe framing used by office/residential construction industry in Toronto is height restricted? Not sure why you would want to build mid floors, extra time and money. If anyone has some more insight into this. thanks

Last edited:
Hi thaivic I've got a question for you, for high rise office/residential construction is it really quicker to build up multi layers of jacks rather than frame or pole scaffolding for high ceilings? I would have through staging multiple floors would slow the work down yet I see on the internet its quite common for office and institutional work.
I don’t believe it’s quicker, I am not an engineer but maybe height and slab weight have something to do with it.

I'm sure these jacks will continue to be used on site for the upper floors albeit as a single stack. Why bring a unique taller support system for the main floor and then have to take it away?
Maybe it's just that simple. Perhaps adding a couple of extra days building an additional staging floor on this one isn't going to really make a big difference in the overall schedule.

Last edited:
This same method was just used at the Ontario Court of Justice Building now under construction northwest of City Hall. Here's a shot by @coreybrendan showing several levels of shoring in place to create the atrium.

img_4216-jpeg.250919

Now that's even clearer to what's going on there. Thank you for posting this. /bows

Wow, this project is just screaming along isn't it?

I'll bet by February most of the first floor will be finished!!!

15 months behind...massive cost overruns and if this represents the method of construction all I can say is good luck Sammy boy.....ha

I'll bet you guys will still be saying that when the building is topped out...

Back