Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Now that is some complicated steel!
iron, carbon, silicon, molybdenum, manganese, nickel, chromium, sulfur, phosphorus, and a dash of MSG to give it that umami kick

There's a lot more of them there than would account for 4 corners. Therefore, it appears I was very wrong in my first assessment of them...

The scale of the columns and nodes is evident from the pictures to date but they appear even larger when seen in person. Below is a side-by-side view showing the top and bottom of the node.
IMG_4903.JPG
Node - close-ups.JPG

Last edited:
I only see three nodes in the Walters group lot, plus the one on-site makes four. I assume, like others have mentioned, that the nodes attach to the angled columns at the temporary supports. From there, horizontal beams would run between the nodes and the supercolumns, creating a hashtag pattern ( # ).

I only see three nodes in the Walters group lot, plus the one on-site makes four. I assume, like others have mentioned, that the nodes attach to the angled columns at the temporary supports. From there, horizontal beams would run between the nodes and the supercolumns, creating a hashtag pattern ( # ).

They are in groups of two, stacked against each other. Only 4 may be needed for the first floor but similar structures are needed for floor 2.

They are in groups of two, stacked against each other. Only 4 may be needed for the first floor but similar structures are needed for floor 2.
Oh, that would account the the extra ones I'm counting at the factory sight. Okays, this is starting to make sense again...

Back