Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Yeah, I don't understand why people are getting their panties all in a bunch about the temporary shutdown of construction sites. Life will eventually return to a semblance of normal, and The One and other towers can start/continue rising in a couple of months. For the time being, nonessential activities need to be proscribed to minimize spread of the virus.

Agree 100%. In times like this is becomes clear how inconsequential a building is. Saving lives trumps all of this. If we have to wait 6-12 months for construction to resume, so be it.

Only the security guard on site today.
9F99C940-256C-4960-BA17-6D3C990E9EB9.jpeg
7A699852-F51E-4977-9DBF-020DC01DEE79.jpeg
EAF98C66-7415-41C0-9F77-BD6340E2FD13.jpeg
F1B59956-E224-41D4-997E-92097B68BC3C.jpeg
DD8EE0D9-739F-48D8-A487-350A900207A0.jpeg
5C67C391-291E-4713-BD34-471CCB16B30C.jpeg

Yup, they’re definitely building above ground. They poured the elevator cores today. Mizrahi really doesn’t care whatsoever for the rules. He’s blatant about it too.

View attachment 241121View attachment 241122

Permits? We don’t need no stinking permits!
They did not pour the elevator cores, they have not poured anything above grade, those forms have been up for a long time, if you look at Benitos photos from today you can see that they were not poured.

They did not pour the elevator cores, they have not poured anything above grade, those forms have been up for a long time, if you look at Benitos photos from today you can see that they were not poured.

Since before the stop work order in December

I was on site. I took the photos. They poured the cores and removed the forms. You can also see this in Benito's last photos.

I was on site. I took the photos. They poured the cores and removed the forms. You can also see this in Benito's last photos.
Whatever was poured on Friday was not the elevator core, there is no concrete above grade on site, i just walked by 10 minutes ago, the elevator shafts formwork has been there to way back to when the site was ordered to stop.What you can see on Benitos and your photos are the forms not concrete.

Endangering the lives of the crew, their families and the general public and defying Provincial stop work orders is simply not cool. If the site is in fact operating illegally then it should be shut down.

Why is that even a debatable matter?

Endangering the lives of the crew, their families and the general public and defying Provincial stop work orders is simply not cool. If the site is in fact operating illegally then it should be shut down.

Why is that even a debatable matter?

Talk about being over-dramatic. Bro, calm down. I really think you should have bigger concerns in life than worrying about a multi-millionaire developer.

Talk about being over-dramatic. Bro, calm down. I really think you should have bigger concerns in life than worrying about a multi-millionaire developer.

Did you just not even read the quote that you replied to? He's worried about endangering the lives of the crew, their families and the general public.

Back