Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

You can stick to construction updates if you wish. Not sure how many of those there will be in the near future. I retain the right to comment on any aspect of the project and its developer including the ongoing blatant and public violation of a lawful emergency order during a generational crisis.

Personally, I like to see this building get built. However, your feelings on the matter are not unreasonable. Nor is it unreasonable to ask Mizrahi to give account on this, IMO.

I hope this project fails miserably. And it causes Mizrahi to go bankrupt. No one in this world should be able to treat history or people and disregard government orders like he has and get away with it. I dont care how tall or beautiful the building will look, there will always be another building it doesn't really matter

I recall that time when his workers jackhammered the Art Deco carved stone ornaments of the Stollerys building in front of all to see at Yonge and Bloor. He doesn't really seem to care about burning bridges.

I also remember he had no obligation not to do that.

I honestly see both sides here and can't wait to see this stunning building be added to our skyline and to improve our street level. All big proposals come with difficulties and drama.

However, Mizrahi's past and immediate history with running developments certainly doesn't help him, and the majority of "bashing" from UT members is well warranted in my opinion. I also think everyone is on edge from self-isolation, it's a very difficult time for a lot of people.

Can't wait for Toronto to make it through COVID-19 so we can begin to see this beauty rise to the sky.

I hope this project fails miserably. And it causes Mizrahi to go bankrupt. No one in this world should be able to treat history or people and disregard government orders like he has and get away with it. I dont care how tall or beautiful the building will look, there will always be another building it doesn't really matter

And what would you have in place of this? A hoarded up derelict site? A surface parking lot? A Tim Hortons drive-thru, lol? I don't think it serves anyone's purpose to wish Mizrahi or this project to go Cresford up at this point.

I honestly see both sides here and can't wait to see this stunning building be added to our skyline and to improve our street level. All big proposals come with difficulties and drama.

However, Mizrahi's past and immediate history with running developments certainly doesn't help him, and the majority of "bashing" from UT members is well warranted in my opinion. I also think everyone is on edge from self-isolation, it's a very difficult time for a lot of people.

Can't wait for Toronto to make it through COVID-19 so we can begin to see this beauty rise to the sky.

^ exactly this.
people are just talking over each other here...
one side takes issue with Mizrahi's methods, the other side takes issue with the lack of good development in the city...
therefore, one side calls the other callous and unscrupulous, and the other side responds with whataboutism...
both sides are valid and simply are not mutually exclusive... seeing them talking over each other for the past 2 years is the most tiring part...

^ exactly this.
people are just talking over each other here...
one side takes issue with Mizrahi's methods, the other side takes issue with the lack of good development in the city...
therefore, one side calls the other callous and unscrupulous, and the other side responds with whataboutism...
both sides are valid and simply are not mutually exclusive... seeing them talking over each other for the past 2 years is the most tiring part...
carefull you don’t get banned for pointing that out they do that

It's been nearly 2 weeks since the province mandated construction must stop on residential projects that don't already have above-ground permits. If this project lacks the necessary permits and construction activities haven't stopped, are the authorities really that incompetent that they overlook this infraction happening at one of the most prominent sites in the entire province (again after 2 weeks)?

Last edited:
It's been nearly 2 weeks since the province mandated construction must stop on residential projects that don't already have above-ground permits. If this project lacks the necessary permits, are the authorities really that incompetent that they overlook this infraction happening at one of the most prominent sites in the entire province (again after 2 weeks)?
Why are you assuming they don't have permits? Can we tone down the negativity here please?

Why are you assuming they don't have permits? Can we tone down the negativity here please?
I don't. In fact I'm questioning that assumption, which is why I'm asking if the authorities can be THAT incompetent. If anyone has proofs that Mizrahi doesn't have permit and is breaking the provincial mandate, please alert the relevant authorities - that would be far more useful than bashing him on this forum.

Last edited:
I also remember he had no obligation not to do that.

It's true. There was absolutely no obligation to destroy the panels. The building wasn't a heritage building, but there was no reason to destroy the panels. They were attractive works of art that could have been displayed on site to commemorate the site's history or sold to a collector. Preserving them would have assuaged a lot of people's concerns about the demolition of Stollery's.

Back