Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Uhh the top of the tower in that East Elevation looks completely different from the renders, and not in a good way. Did they change it?
It's tough to tell from the elevation exactly how it's changed, but yes, it does look like it will be different. I wasn't a fan of the previous iteration compared with the earlier ones—I'm hoping for something a little beefier up top—so we'll just have to cross our fingers as we wait for the purty pickchers.

I wonder how they solved the issue of entering the parking garage off the back lane. The 2 new condos behind were worried that a third giant building would add too much traffic in the lane and exiting onto Balmuto Street. In addition service vehicles would need to use this narrow lane for all 3 buildings.

No changes on site yet. But I guess we won't see anything until later this summer.
IMG_2375.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 461
From a recent 3 part interview with Sam Mizrahi.

“What’s the plan for the Presentation Centre?”
Our presentation gallery is right now under construction. We’re building something completely state of the art with touch screens that you swipe onto the walls. It’s going to be something that Canada’s never seen. We’re actually building it with a firm in California. It’s going to be spectacular at the same level of this building. We’re anticipating it being operational before September and we’re having an 18 foot model created by Forster which is just going to be incredible.

We have such a huge interest. Over 3,000 on the waiting list right now and I think half the building is going to be gone before the presentation gallery even opens. We’re also going to be using the gallery to do the purchaser selections. Construction for shoring, excavation, and tie backs before September. We’re going to start right away to put our anchor retail tenants in

Also...

“You can’t tell us the tenants!”
The anchor tenants are going to do the announcements themselves! We’re probably 90 – 120 days away. I think the city and the country is going to be very proud of what’s going to be put there. We’ve spent a lot of time specifically engineering for our anchors. We’ve actually reversed engineered the building for that in order to have uncontaminated retail space.

It looks like he will own a unit here and manage the building for at least a year after it is built...

Back