Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Also, for all the "THE CITY IS SCREWING TORONTO OUT OF AN ICONIC DEVELOPMENT" folks, Mizrahi is quoted in the article: "We went through the process very efficiently and successfully..."

Maybe I'm forgetting one of the reports, but is this tidbit from the BBH article new? "...the addition of a green wall at the Balmuto entrance..."
I think in the previous incarnation, it used to be a blank wall.

Wait, 305.6m is 1002ft? I thought it was 998ft? Did something change?

Late 2022 makes sense to me as the next year construction will focus on the retail meaning the residential portion won't start construction until late 2018 at the EARLIEST. Four years seems reasonable given the size.

upload_2017-5-9_17-18-27.png

I'm sorry, what's with this link?

upload_2017-5-9_17-25-17.png

Oh...

Well here goes nothing:
http://news.buzzbuzzhome.com/2017/0...epares-sales-receives-final-approval-omb.html

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-9_17-18-27.png
    upload_2017-5-9_17-18-27.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 444
  • upload_2017-5-9_17-25-17.png
    upload_2017-5-9_17-25-17.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
We're waiting for the new architectural drawings and the new renderings before we change everything up in the dataBase file. Also, why run another front page story with all the old renderings for a building that's had two storeys taken off the podium and 4 storeys added to the tower? Seems a tad premature.

We're waiting for the new architectural drawings and the new renderings before we change everything up in the dataBase file. Also, why run another front page story with all the old renderings for a building that's had two storeys taken off the podium and 4 storeys added to the tower? Seems a tad premature.

Anxiously awaiting the updates i42. Hopefully you're able to acquire them soon to share with us all.

Well, to go along with this new East Elevation, we have a new front page story up here, and the dataBase file has been updated with new stats* (but no new renderings yet, as they are not yet ready). The story explains the new height.

TheOneElevE1280.jpg

* @DonValleyRainbow

Attachments

• TheOneElevE1280.jpg
    TheOneElevE1280.jpg
    967.1 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
The story says that "Over 3,000 people have pre-registered for a chance to purchase the approximately 416 suites to be offered in the tower." That's insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
The story says that "Over 3,000 people have pre-registered for a chance to purchase the approximately 416 suites to be offered in the tower." That's insane.

But not unheard of for landmark buildings. I cannot image that the first 416 people through the doors will each buy one unit, but I wonder what percentage will buy.

Well, to go along with this new East Elevation, we have a new front page story up here, and the dataBase file has been updated with new stats (but no new renderings yet, as they are not yet ready). The story explains the new height.42

From the article:

The height in metres converts to 1,004' 11", which will satisfy all those who cling to the outmoded imperial system and who classify any building taller than 1000 feet as a 'Supertall'.

Ha! On a more serious note, is there word on the possible PATH connection?

AoD

Well, to go along with this new East Elevation, we have a new front page story up here, and the dataBase file has been updated with new stats* (but no new renderings yet, as they are not yet ready). The story explains the new height.

View attachment 108123
* @DonValleyRainbow

Updated on the list and in the map. This now moves out of a tie with the west tower of Mirvish+Gehry and claims the #3 spot for its own on the list. Assuming One Yonge Street (#2) and YSL Residences (#1) take some more time to get approved, and that construction moves fast, this will nonetheless hold the title of the tallest building in Toronto for at least some time. On top of it all, it sits at a higher elevation; this will look insane from north of downtown, and will rise ~20% higher than One Bloor East.

Heh. Suite total of 416 in the tallest of the 416.

Back