Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I still think these huge condo projects take years to develop from an idea to the finish product.. I checked out 1 Bloor East forums and they go back as far as 2010. By the time that project is totally finished it might be mid 2017 or so. That's why I think these semi supper talls structures will take time to build into the future before they are finally done.

That would explain why this has gone quiet. I heard a few months ago he had gotten financing from the Chinese govt and some Cdn private debt. Hopefully they keep the Foster design rather than reboot.

Can't really compare this project to Mirvish or 50 Bloor. The main difference being that most of the leg work has been done, in terms of financing and site clearing. A property flip to a more experienced developer is actually a good thing, and the OMB hearing is a rubber stamp.

I checked out 1 Bloor East forums and they go back as far as 2010.

The original threads (long lost to history) go back to 2002.

The current thread starts with the Great Gulf plan in 2010. This, however, is the only property where we have two earlier threads, basically because the two earlier stages are distinct, not hard to separate from this stage, and there were just so many pages for both the Bazis incarnation and this one.

You can find the thread for the Kolter proposal here (going back to early 2006).

You can find the thread for the Bazis proposal here (going back to mid-2006).

The UT discussions goes even further back than 2006 - the forum was on ezboard at the time and it has a threads archival limit. The original 1BE thread by Young + Wright would have fallen into that category.

One more thing that got lost from the early years.

AoD

Back