Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I have no idea if those are chairs or when the groundbreaking ceremony will be but I've heard that Foster will be in attendance.

That is impressive if true - I don't think he was ever in Toronto for any of the other local projects.

AoD

Last edited:
That's definitely some presentation. You can see a microphone in front of the chairs and the space appears to have been cleaned up for an event.

Seems kind of early for a groundbreaking considering that they haven't sold a single unit. Perhaps they're presenting the final design or announcing their flagship retailer. Maybe something as simple as announcing beginning of sales.

Perhaps they are building the retail portion up front, and selling units during this phase of construction? Or capping after that point until sales reach their investors threshold? The NOI from the retail would be substantial alone.

Perhaps they are building the retail portion up front, and selling units during this phase of construction? Or capping after that point until sales reach their investors threshold? The NOI from the retail would be substantial alone.

I hear the retail portion has mostly been leased and financed, and that shoring will begin before the end of the year. No condo units have been sold yet and technically they could cap it, but they're very confident that they'll sell based on their registrations and have no intention of capping.

Back