Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I am happy to see progress continuing on this site, I'd just be happier if approvals were also involved in the equation. I suppose though if anything this reflects well upon confidence and keeping with a hastened time line.

I miss the floor count in the title too. But whatever. I read almost every post anyways cause I'm a geek, and have a pretty good memory.

Agree please bring it back, stories is a great metric.
Interesting to see the heights for buildings that are similar, but vary in stories- Certain developers get stingy and sneak in an extra one or two to pad their pockets.
Helpful to those considering buying pre construction.

Floor heights are pretty much standard. Difference in height is more likely to come from the crown/mechanical or ground/commercial.

Storeys may not accurately reflect building heights, but it is still a useful metric.

When my friends ask me how tall a building is (like say Aura, as I was asked fairly recently), or how tall a building will be, they are looking for a number in storeys. I think so are the general population, that is the relevant information to them.

It's like how most people can relate to Fordite penny-pitching because a $25,000 rock in Cherry Beach is a relatable value to them, while a $2,500,000,000 subway in the suburbs is a meaningless value to them (even though it is worth 100,000 $25,000 Cherry Beach rocks!). Likewise, most people have been in a 50-story office tower or a 30-story condo before, can relate how tall that is, what the view from the window looks like or how long an elevator ride takes, etc. Meanwhile, most people are not birds and have not flown around a 220m building and couldn't tell you how tall a '220m building' is.

Last edited:
Floor heights are pretty much standard. Difference in height is more likely to come from the crown/mechanical or ground/commercial.

I disagree, Liberty Village floor heights are far different from The Four Seasons, or the Hazelton.

Last edited:
Why do we measure height in metres? That has never made sense to me. When someone asks your height, do you say I am 2._m tall? It is so much easier to relate a building's height to that of a human, in terms of feet. No one knows how tall 329m is without calculating.

Back