Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Photos taken today, Tuesday (March 7). A close-up of that newly installed panel... and some big crates labelled "mega columns!"

UTMG_8058.jpg
UTIMG_8085.jpg
UTIMG_8068.jpg
UTMG_8093.jpg

I‘m curious, does pouring concrete in snow or rain affect how it hardens because the added moisture might affect its constitution? (I want to say recipe but that’s the wrong word 🤣)
No sure, as this not my field of expertise..but since poured concrete is a denser liquid then plain water in a static state, I would imagine water (or snow) would just sit on top of it. But one thing is for sure though, there doesn't seem to be a real issue of pouring it during this snowfall here.

Edit: And what @FastidiousHack said below this...

Last edited:
I‘m curious, does pouring concrete in snow or rain affect how it hardens because the added moisture might affect its constitution? (I want to say recipe but that’s the wrong word 🤣)
Structural Engingeering researcher here. It can, depending on the accumulation/amount of precipitation. In most cases they'll just work quickly, be careful not to work in the extra water to the mix, and then cover it when complete to prevent too much moisture when curing.

Here are some shots taken today, Friday (March 10). Snow - and ice from the towers - was falling....
My latest "Time Lapse" photo added to the album on Flickr:

UTIMG_8301.jpg
UTIMG_8182.jpg
UTIMG_8110.jpg
UTIMG_8149.jpg
UTIMG_8191.jpg
UTIMG_8216.jpg

Back