Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

IMG_2235.JPG
IMG_2238.JPG

I like the blue... suprised they switched from champagne with a bronze chaser, but it looks good.
I can't really make out what it says on the new blue cladding but it looks like they got a sponsor to help pay for the build hehe!

I like the blue... suprised they switched from champagne with a bronze chaser, but it looks good.
I'm quite happy with the change personally. There's so much bronze and gold in this city it's really nice to get a bold colour to break up all that sameness.

I really wish more developers would starting using different blues, it's a colour the city is really lacking so I hope it catches on.

At first, I thought you guys were kidding about the blue cladding, but seeing as you're serious...I assumed the blue was some sort of "undercladding", like they put up "pyjamas" on houses before laying bricks. Does anyone know for sure?

At first, I thought you guys were kidding about the blue cladding, but seeing as you're serious...I assumed the blue was some sort of "undercladding", like they put up "pyjamas" on houses before laying bricks. Does anyone know for sure?
Yes, same as what was used on the elevator podium?

Yes, they are kidding. I think these materials/panels serve many purposes: adhesive/joint to attach the cladding (though they probably attach those to some frame underneath these panels), waterproofing, insulation and surface leveller.

Back