The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

vinny_the_hack

Member Bio
Reaction score
they must be getting close
That was my first thought at seeing today's photos. This is the only building I've watched going up, but it seems logical to me based on how little material is now scattered around compared to...well, almost all the rest of the time, that a pour is imminent.

thaivic

Member Bio
Reaction score
CD317F20-7024-4329-B2DE-EC0993941010.jpeg
36F9C2F8-541C-4F90-9C47-F4102218DE4E.jpeg
57991E32-6528-4AE6-8496-C1B47215B8CE.jpeg
6AE43D3C-756F-4D52-8F74-122A44A71579.jpeg

SonyPayStation

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have been watching this and have never seen a construction site move more slowly. Does anyone know what is going on?

Bit worried maybe the steel trades are walking off given inflationary pressures.

UpwithOlives

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have been watching this and have never seen a construction site move more slowly. Does anyone know what is going on?

Bit worried maybe the steel trades are walking off given inflationary pressures.
If you’ve been watching this then you’d see that there’s been steady progress, regardless if it’s slower than you think it should be. Plenty of rebar and form work being placed everyday. Nothing to worry about.

SonyPayStation

Member Bio
Reaction score
If you’ve been watching this then you’d see that there’s been steady progress, regardless if it’s slower than you think it should be. Plenty of rebar and form work being placed everyday. Nothing to worry about.
I hadn't watched *that* closely, so thanks for that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?

Last edited:

UpwithOlives

Member Bio
Reaction score
I hadn't watched *that* closely, so that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?
That’s the consensus, this should be the last atypical floor until the mechanical levels. It will be interesting to see how much the pace picks up over the next couple of months after they’ve finished with this one.

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
I hadn't watched *that* closely, so thanks for that . Speed is still worrying, given the massive cost pressure in steel, in particular, past below-grade delays on this project, and high-leverage combined with interest rate pressures. Maybe it's because these are atypical floors?

I would assume that they purchased and paid for the steel in advance of construction at an agreed upon amount. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but I would imagine that's how it happens.

Tuscani01

Member Bio
Reaction score
I would assume that they purchased and paid for the steel in advance of construction at an agreed upon amount. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but I would imagine that's how it happens.

That’s exactly how it happens - especially right now with long lead times for steel.