Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Hmm. Don’t recall that section of the podium glazing to be non-uniform throughout, but looks like that’s exactly what we’re looking at. Cool!
I don't think it is uniform. You can see the clips up the mullions where something else is supposed to attach. I think they just left the louvres off for now, and what we're seeing is actually the glass that's also underneath the rest of that curtainwall.

That looks like a logistical nightmare to put it there. Like, if I was trying to come up with a maximally inconvenient location, that's pretty much what I'd go with.
Considering that it's been mentioned earlier in the thread that this site will utilize construction hoists that are contained within the elevator shafts, and keeping in mind that the elevator shafts in the core of the tower don't reach the ground level because of the Definitely Not But Maybe Actually Apple Store, I can see them needing to set up a conventional hoist on the side of the podium in order to reach the hoist that will be within the tower.

Considering that it's been mentioned earlier in the thread that this site will utilize construction hoists that are contained within the elevator shafts, and keeping in mind that the elevator shafts in the core of the tower don't reach the ground level because of the Definitely Not But Maybe Actually Apple Store, I can see them needing to set up a conventional hoist on the side of the podium in order to reach the hoist that will be within the tower.
Oh, I understand why they need a double hoist setup, but it just looks like a pain in the ass to have the hoist buried in the back corner of a laneway where it's going to be inconvenient to stage and receive deliveries. And then the hoist is going to take you as far away from the main tower hoist as it possibly can, meaning both that workers and material will have to take a longer path to get to the main tower hoist, and then on top of that you now need to devote a huge amount of square footage to having a clear walkway between the two hoists, and then on top of that that pathway is going to be directly under most of the picks that the tower crane will need to make.

I guess if that's the best they can get it's the best they can get, but it just looks aggravating.

It's probably the best place they could put it under the limited options of where it can go, I gather.

Photos taken August 31st, 2021:

1630456564877.png

1630456588095.png

1630456603060.png

1630456627310.png

1630456641668.png

looks very solid - I imagine this is being built with the intent of giving it a lifespan of several hundred years. The CN tower was built to last 300 years, I would guess this is being built for the next 150-200 years

Back