The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's also the first clear picture I've seen of the curtainwall anchors. I didn't realize that the hangers were going to be inside the curtainwall. So really, all of "hangers" that we see from the street are going to be decorative pieces to express the structural features hidden behind the wall. Not sure how I feel about that. Architecturally, I don't know if there's that much difference between this and the faux cross-bracing at The Well. I guess it's not quite as ersatz given that there are actual structural members there, but it seems more postmodern than modern.

Though it's probably an academic point that 99% of the people walking by won't care about. It's going to be tall and distinctive, that's about all the average pedestrian notices.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some of those forms seem to be up to the next set of beams. And some of them seem above those beams...

...it's not only just the spectacular steal frame work that interesting here. But these little "inconsistencies" that suggests something fascinating is at foot.

daniel_kryz

Member Bio
Reaction score
That's also the first clear picture I've seen of the curtainwall anchors. I didn't realize that the hangers were going to be inside the curtainwall. So really, all of "hangers" that we see from the street are going to be decorative pieces to express the structural features hidden behind the wall. Not sure how I feel about that. Architecturally, I don't know if there's that much difference between this and the faux cross-bracing at The Well. I guess it's not quite as ersatz given that there are actual structural members there, but it seems more postmodern than modern.

Though it's probably an academic point that 99% of the people walking by won't care about. It's going to be tall and distinctive, that's about all the average pedestrian notices.
Architectural "honesty", imo, isn't very important. What matters is how the building looks.

jibsta

Member Bio
Reaction score
The beams are being incased thickly in concrete ( below floor level) to act as transfer slabs, the floor itself will be much thinner and higher, you can see the vertical form work. These transfer slabs will support the interior core walls.

BloorMan

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken this afternoon
20210519_180642.jpg