Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Upward

The beginning of The One.jpg

I would feel sorry for the crane operator who has to climb that close to 320m daily.... I would just bring a blanket up there lol
For cranes that are anchored to the building, they usually take the construction elevator up first then climb up the sections higher than the reach of the elevator. For this type of attachment to the building, I am not sure if there is a walkway to enable a similar procedure.

For cranes that are anchored to the building, they usually take the construction elevator up first then climb up the sections higher than the reach of the elevator. For this type of attachment to the building, I am not sure if there is a walkway to enable a similar procedure.
We have photos from the L Tower shot back in 2013 that show these gangways between the external crane and the tower. Even without having to Spiderman it to the top, this crane gig won't be for the faint of heart: https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2013/04/view-top-touring-l-tower-part-1

Did they hand you guys spare diapers for the tour? Goodness...
Heh, well, you get over the feeling of dizzy-falling-to-your-deathedness after a couple of those trips up! The rides up the construction hoists in either raining or blizzarding weather (done two of those) with a cold wind whipping through are the best/worst/best! The L Tower visit day was calm though, thankfully!

Thank you very much for the update, Jack Landau. You have answered all my current questions for this wonderful project.
Now if we can only nail down Apple as the "Flagship" tenant...

Whatever happened to SkyJacked793?
He was pretty much blacklisted in Toronto after complaining publicly that the lift of the BMU was outside the crane's capabilities, and would get him killed. I believe he moved to Ottawa…

I know this is a bit off topic, but if we are talking about cranes and diapers, this one is for you!

Least the motion sickness inducing camera angles negated any wish to grab a pair of diapers. However, I was looking for a handout barfbag instead... >.<

Also and fyi, the building in the vid here I believe:

...all a whopping 436 metres of it.

Back