Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

You can see from this @fanoftoronto shot that they haven’t extended the forms for the next floor out to the corners yet. I wonder if they’re leaving room to install the diagonal hangers next, and then will place the forms for the corners around them.

View attachment 306832
First of all, I want to say this build is extremely fascinating and I thank everyone who is taking pictures and taking the time to post them. This and the Well are my favourites.
From a structural point of view, they can't attach the diagonals yet since the load would pull the top of the megacolumns towards each corner (where you see the temporary yellow column. If they had a horizontal plate between each megacolumn (at the top) to resist tension, they would be able to hook up the diagonals..

No concrete was demolished on the podium core, the rebar is there for connecting with the next pour.
Hello thaivic, They did indeed demolish some concrete in the podium core. The concrete was poured too high so they removed it in the stair landing area . Compare Benito's post #9072 (4th picture) to Benito's post #9092 (pictures 4 and 6). Finished demolition in Benito's picture 7 of post 9103.
I do want to thank you for your pictures as well. I do appreciate them greatly.

Hello thaivic, They did indeed demolish some concrete in the podium core. The concrete was poured too high so they removed it in the stair landing area . Compare Benito's post #9072 (4th picture) to Benito's post #9092 (pictures 4 and 6). Finished demolition in Benito's picture 7 of post 9103.
I do want to thank you for your pictures as well. I do appreciate them greatly.
Hello Fine Line, the comment was made on post 9108 with the photo of the elevator core , i thought that he was referring to the area in the photo, my mistake.

Photos from March 21st, 2021:

1616369403917.png

1616369433959.png

1616369457659.png

1616369483235.png

1616369514042.png

1616369543340.png

1616369578460.png

1616369600220.png

Hello Fine Line, the comment was made on post 9108 with the photo of the elevator core , i thought that he was referring to the area in the photo, my mistake.
Terrible segue on my part. I wanted to post that comment about the demolition above the quote I replied to, but was having technical difficulties with the text box on my phone. Appreciate all of your updates!

I would think they are one peice (for stability reasoning) but I am not an engineer.
Being in tension the diagonal beams could be one piece or bolted together. They could be placed not under tension now or later however I don't think they would remove the slab's temporary support columns until the poured concrete has encased the column hanger. Putting a significant diagonal force on the exposed steel portion of the column without the concrete might cause the column to bend out of true vertical. We will have to patiently wait and see how things unfold.

Koops65,
if your models were any better I might mistake them for the real thing... It would be a shame for the city not to allow the height increase and you would have to adjust your model. Thanks for all your efforts in depicting the future!

Last edited:
Koops65,
if your models were any better I might mistake them for the real thing... It would be a shame for the city not to allow the height increase and you would have to adjust your model. Thanks for all your efforts in depicting the future!
Damn you scared me. I thought you said the city already made that decision.

Back