The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

someMidTowner

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes! I've been thinking that since forever. The inadequate tree cover in many of our parks makes them a waste of space, frankly. That being said, I would prefer diffuse shade from robust tree cover to the solid shade from buildings.
Too much sun? OK
c59ece1333d9a874999cdadc39ba535f35-29-simpsons.rsquare.w700.jpg

*sauce

Bjays92

Member Bio
Reaction score
And it's only going to get hotter too. I understand people not wanting their houses to be shadowed 24/7 but streets and even park areas could use the shade. Not to mention, when everything around you is shadowed it often doesnt feel that dark, you still can feel like it's a warm sunny day without being boiled in direct sunlight.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's seems to be more focus on the podium peripherals of late than on the main attraction. I presume this is an exercise of "tying the loose ends up" in preparation of working on the building proper?

steveve

Member Bio
Reaction score
There's seems to be more focus on the podium peripherals of late than on the main attraction. I presume this is an exercise of "tying the loose ends up" in preparation of working on the building proper?

It does seem like structural work on the tower portion has halted since the last super column jump. The elevator core’s on the west and south sides have always been a few levels ahead of the main structure. I wonder if they are waiting for those corner pieces to arrive on site so that they can proceed to assemble the decking and formwork for the 2nd floor.

thaivic

Member Bio
Reaction score
It does seem like structural work on the tower portion has halted since the last super column jump. The elevator core’s on the west and south sides have always been a few levels ahead of the main structure. I wonder if they are waiting for those corner pieces to arrive on site so that they can proceed to assemble the decking and formwork for the 2nd floor.
They have been working on the structural all along, they have to adjust and secure all of the the steel before they can start pouring the columns , the same thing happened on the lower section before they poured the columns and the slab.

khaldoon

Member Bio
Reaction score
They have been working on the structural all along, they have to adjust and secure all of the the steel before they can start pouring the columns , the same thing happened on the lower section before they poured the columns and the slab.
You can actually see them doing exactly that in the 2nd and 3rd of Benito’s pictures from today.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
To be clear, I am well aware they've been tweaking the aspects of main part of building for sometime now. But my main inquiry was about why they where focusing on the elements of the podiums much more. As I am presuming there was some method to their madness for this. :)

whatever

Member Bio
Reaction score
They're two different crews. It's not like the ironworkers drop their connecting belts and walk across the site to start building forms. It's just that the forming crews are engaging in work that's much more readily visible than the erecting crews. Right now, at least. As soon as the hangers show up on site you'll be noticing the ironworkers again.

UtakataNoAnnex

Member Bio
Reaction score
They're two different crews. It's not like the ironworkers drop their connecting belts and walk across the site to start building forms. It's just that the forming crews are engaging in work that's much more readily visible than the erecting crews. Right now, at least. As soon as the hangers show up on site you'll be noticing the ironworkers again.
I'll take that then. Thanks!