Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

That rendering is from when in 2015 the south podium was planned to be 11 double-height floors tall, with the amenities up on the 12th floor deck. It was proposed to be taller than the UofT residential building to the south at that point. Should the rendering still be on the official website? Maybe not.

Your comment "Should the rendering still be on the official website? Maybe not" had me laughing way harder than it deserved. Thank you :D

Do we have more pictures from the miniature model? It looks super detailed and intricate.

Do we have more pictures from the miniature model? It looks super detailed and intricate.

Here are a few of mine, from the sales gallery. Yes, those are miniature Apple store tables... the ones that cost tens of thousands of dollars in real life. November 2017:
DSC_0019.jpeg
DSC_0031.jpeg
DSC_0035.jpeg
DSC_0017.jpegDSC_0029.jpegDSC_0034.jpeg

Here are a few of mine, from the sales gallery. Yes, those are miniature Apple store tables... the ones that cost tens of thousands of dollars in real life. November 2017:View attachment 299420

This maquette, if accurate gives us a look at the podium glazing that I had been wondering about. Looks like 3 story tall panels. Is there a precedent for that in Toronto?

Some of the office towers have tall ceilings but none that’s 3 stories high. And usually they‘re segmented.
3F408397-F3CF-40D5-829F-C1518A20315A.jpeg

In these plans, it appears as though they’ll be single panels running the entire vertical length. We’re looking at glass panels that are about 40 feet tall.

DCF30EFC-936D-414E-B96F-B7AAD554BD8C.jpeg

And if the rumours are true and Apple is going to be selling cars in the near future, I wonder if any of these windows will operable or if the entrance doors will be easily dismantled to bring in a car.

Last edited:
And if you thought those earlier renderings were bad, take a look at this one...

The website and marketing of The One have always felt like it was a much smaller project (technically it is, with only about ~400 residential units). Some of the marketing budget must have been allocated toward bringing one of the most high profile architecture firms in the world on board. And I have no problem with that!

With the prefabricated steel columns already to roll off the factory line to the site. It looks like this project is going to moving fast! As seen in the photos up above.

With the prefabricated steel columns already to roll off the factory line to the site. It looks like this project is going to moving fast! As seen in the photos up above.
Yeah, we’re getting to the point where the intricate steelwork is finished and the floor plates will be identical from that point on. Should be much faster going up at a steady clip from there.

I notice the newest columns are silverish in appearance not rust colored. I assume this is because they just came out of the fab-shop and the earlier pieces had been stored outside for some time.

I notice the newest columns are silverish in appearance not rust colored. I assume this is because they just came out of the fab-shop and the earlier pieces had been stored outside for some time.

That would make sense given the delay in the project in 2020.

AoD

Taken on a drive-by on Monday. This just shows the scale of the pillars..
View attachment 299453
wow those are huge! I'll have to intercept one and divert it to my house. my house is old and the floor is slanting. If i throw that puppy in my basement, that should solve it for all of eternity. The ol' setting a nail with a sledgehammer trickaroo.

Back