Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

We have a front page story up on it here! Trying to get the database file to update, the the recent Forum software upgrade seems to be buggy.

Here's a close-up of the proposed top of the tower in the meantime while we wait:

TheOneHero94StoreysTop1280.jpg

Last edited:
I'd think and hope that this gets approved, how much does this impact shadowing?

Shadowing Images from the application, as requested:

Shadows to the north-west: Of note, would shadow Jesse Ketchum Park completely at 9:18am and mostly at 10:18 am but be largely immaterial from 11am on.
1609797192007.png

Shadows north-westerly:

1609797335817.png

1609797429603.png

There's another series for June, but that shows less impact on Jesse Ketchum.

I will note, however, that this will leave the park beside the Yorkville Library in near perpetual shadow.

I'm not clear on the current level of shadow; but pretty sure it isn't that substantial.

The penthouse level looks different now. It's looks double-height.

I wonder what that means: is it a rooftop lounge or do the 3-level penthouse units have a different design now.

I don't think any of those top-floor four 3-level units sold yet, so owner objections should not be an issue.

Still a curious change.

Omg this tower is going to be super tall if they approve this!
This already a supertall to boot being over 300m. And now it looks like they're going for the first original looks at the top section of the building looking like the other sections below. Which they should have done in the first place!

Synchronicity, foreshadowing or just plain weird…

Back in mid-November steveve posted the render below from Mizrahi Developments’ “portfolio” section of The One website: - after scratching my head I noted that the top volume had 2 sets of hangers (and 12 levels), instead of one set of hangers… and was informed by a member that it was an old render (which I guess is true but was new to me).

This old render doesn’t appear to include the “three storeys above the uppermost hangers*”, but still oddly prophetic given this pic, like today's 94s render, has those 12 residential storeys in the upper-most volume (cue Twilight Zone theme music 🎶).

Mizrahi_The_One_Portfolio18.png

*from today’s UT story

This already a supertall to boot being over 300m. And now it looks like they're going for the first original looks at the top section of the building looking like the other sections below. Which they should of done in the first place!
he is saying "super tall" as an expression of height (notice the space), not "supertall" as a classification of height

This old render doesn’t appear to include the “three storeys above the uppermost hangers*”, but still oddly prophetic given this pic, like today's 94s render, has those 12 residential storeys in the upper-most volume (cue Twilight Zone theme music 🎶).
There are now 15 storeys proposed in the uppermost section.

The penthouse level looks different now. It's looks double-height.

I wonder what that means: is it a rooftop lounge or do the 3-level penthouse units have a different design now.

I don't think any of those top-floor four 3-level units sold yet, so owner objections should not be an issue.

Still a curious change.
The top levels remain unchanged in terms of interior layout: there are four penthouses, each with four floors including the rooms on the deck level up top. The second and third floors are behind what look like a double-height window. The window situation is explained in the front page story.

Last edited:
The 85-storey design that previously approved was likely The One's most refined iteration. With this proposal, the upper two floors are a visual break, but I'll certainly take the added height here.

Approved vs Proposed:

50801723626_0f43aa911b_k.jpg

Last edited:
Here's are a couple of screenshots comparing the top part of the old design with the new design from the new architectural plans (Supertall to Supertaller 🤣🤣)

I can see what you talking about. But here's an old simular rendering which I'm talking about before they gave this development approval and cut it down the way it is today.
photo from.

Back