Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

This morning. Already done.
A36D6A53-087F-4035-BAFA-6E454FB0208B.jpeg
429A2CEA-966A-4BD8-BD27-67ABB631A6CF.jpeg
D375C8AF-2278-412B-B462-EEC626EE8F94.jpeg
204DCB60-E7E3-4967-A191-1D6B2C9B74F5.jpeg
28008114-AEF9-4D43-A543-D310D785D6BD.jpeg
F85798A1-30DB-44C9-8C27-761C0036E509.jpeg

hmm... seem to have a large crew on Saturday morning laying down conduit and rebar on the southern portion of the site. Maybe another smaller half remaining floor pour before the holidays start?

There's a lot to go, but it really has been amazing to watch the construction of this building, step by step, since it was a hole in the ground. Benito's and thiavic's pictures have been invaluable in understanding the construction and engineering process that goes into a building. It's really neat that an average joe like me can have a front-row seat to witness the construction process.

We've seen some enormous below ground pours, but this is the largest above ground one that I can think of in these past several years.

A number of the residential towers at the Well had similar transfer slab pours - the tallest res tower there had a bigger pour than we saw here.

Fascinating! I’m assuming that after the southern end is poured the next sections of the super columns will be hoisted on to the column plates that are protruding from the slab. Then, more or less, step and repeat up to the top floor.

I know this is not relevant anymore but this site would have been more useful as an office building. This is located right at the intersection of 2 subway lines, which also happens to be the busiest subway station in the city. This is the next best site in the city for an office building after Union.

I know this is not relevant anymore but this site would have been more useful as an office building. This is located right at the intersection of 2 subway lines, which also happens to be the busiest subway station in the city. This is the next best site in the city for an office building after Union.
There's already a few office buildings in the nearby vicinity so having a condo tower here provides a nice mix to the area IMO.

I agree, it's interesting they think they'd get more money from residential sale than renting office space.
Although they'd be getting a huge lump sum instead of collecting rent over the years
Personally I would not live in this area but clearly alot of people like to to purchase these at $1600/per sf

The small site suits residential floor plates I think.

I'm not sure an office development would have been viable here given the site size, the cost of land, and the floor plate needs of the large companies who could afford to lease the space.

The CIBC and Bay buildings are ripe for demolishment and new structures built in their place.

Back