Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

This is one of the buildings that got me interested in Engineering and Urban Planning when I first saw the renders back when I think I was just starting high school. So cool to see it begin to rise as I finish my Degree in Civil Engineering. (yes it took it that long to reach 1 storey)

Today.
4B49B654-73E6-451B-9049-808857F41348.jpeg
2E2D9F16-4729-44BA-9133-F8BA3E72DA9B.jpeg
9788B669-0BF1-4ADC-8A88-1A491180F20C.jpeg
8CEFBDAE-1787-43F7-A40F-7E3F7F18417A.jpeg
F30F3C89-6ED4-44E9-8B83-8C53E879771B.jpeg
37FB30E6-C4E9-45F6-8EB5-4EFCF7999191.jpeg

Not sure what to read into this, but Clark Construction Management no longer lists The One as a current project of theirs: https://www.clarkconstructionmgt.com/projects-2.

I recall someone mentioning some rumours a few pages back, though it looks like progress hasn't slowed down or stopped at all?

I was told by someone who works on the site a few weeks ago that Mizrahi fired CCM and they are managing the project on their own now.

I was told by someone who works on the site a few weeks ago that Mizrahi fired CCM and they are managing the project on their own now.
I assume this may had something to do with the kerfuffle over getting those above grade permits sorted out that hampered this project for almost a year? I'm not sure anyone can answer that...but it's the first thing to leaped into my mind, for right or wrong.

I just hope Mizrahi knows what they're doing to see this project through to the end successfully. So I wish them the best of luck in this, for what this is worth.

Any guesses as to when the slab will be poured? I figure it will take the rest of the week to lay down the rebar. Maybe pour the concrete middle of next week, weather permitting?

I assume this may had something to do with the kerfuffle over getting those above grade permits sorted out that hampered this project for almost a year? I'm not sure anyone can answer that...but it's the first thing to leaped into my mind, for right or wrong.

I just hope Mizrahi knows what they're doing to see this project through to the end successfully. So I wish them the best of luck in this, for what this is worth.

Typically, permits are managed by the developer, I'm sure Mizrahi hired a permit expediter as many developers do for consulting that are suppose to help with achieving permits. Mizrahi is also in control of the ultimate design decisions of the project therefore any changes or progress to design/permits is ultimately on their signoff, (such as previous posts about the associated parkland on Dundonald which ultimately was on Mizrahi to turn over to the city).

I don't think Mizrahi Dev is prepared to take this project on by themselves, just on a staffing/planning perspective - they are their own worst enemy on holding up and making decisions. If Mizrahi was smart, they should have dismissed Clark after all the steel is complete and especially after the rearranging/dismantling of the tower cranes on that south podium. Best of luck to them as well.

Back