Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

I have a project set to open next week, requiring some final permits - and the city has reassured that we will get permission to open, even if an inspector doesn't make it to the site.

Obviously everything depends on the people involved. If you have a relationship with the various commenting divisions such that they will permit you to move ahead without final sign off, you and your team are definitely benefiting from something outside the strict interpretation of the law (a good relationship, most likely). While it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility that they will grant The One the required permits, I don't believe Sam has endeared himself to the required divisions in quite the same way. My tart response above was merely to say that they're in no way obligated to give anyone anything at this time.

I have projects that are full steam ahead and I have others that are completely stalled. Different folks involved and different approaches applied.

I'd like to comment on this as a physician working the front lines of this pandemic. The study showing that aerosolized COVID-19 can be viable for up to 3 hours, although decreasing in viability exponentially, was done from a lab created aerosol. The purpose of this was to illustrate that medical procedures that can aerosolize patient infected fluids need to be done in a negative pressure rooms with all medical personnel in the procedure room fully equipped with protective equipment. This is an artificial situation, there is no evidence that someone infected with COVID-19 will aerosolize COVID-19. The current evidence is that infected persons will infect others through droplets when coughing/sneezing, direct contact with others and when other people come into contact with the surfaces that an infected person touched with contaminated fluids. Droplets do not have the same dynamics as aerosols.

Furthermore, The NEJM study showed COVID-19 was still viable 72 hours after it was applied to plastic and stainless steel, although the volume of virus decreased exponentially over time. On copper, there was no viable COVID-19 after 4 hours, on cardboard there was no viable SRS-CoV-2 virus after 24 hours. Thus the kind of guidance that we’re giving about washing hands and wiping surfaces is likely to be very good advice.

Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. Continue to practice social distancing, stay safe.

Sorry about the off topic comment.

addendum. COVID-19 aka SRS-CoV-2, sorry if any confusion, the acronyms are interchangeable.

You forgot fecal oral transmission. The scourge can spread through poor plumbing, aka Toronto condo plumbing.

Dear Developer: tons of Copper evidence emerging (even alloys-Brass/Bronze) that viruses and bacteria die forever on copper surfaces (simple search). Have a look and then put that into your future plans (lobby/public areas and condo kitchens). The added expense will pay back very quickly and forever.

I'd like to comment on this as a physician working the front lines of this pandemic. The study showing that aerosolized COVID-19 can be viable for up to 3 hours, although decreasing in viability exponentially, was done from a lab created aerosol. The purpose of this was to illustrate that medical procedures that can aerosolize patient infected fluids need to be done in a negative pressure rooms with all medical personnel in the procedure room fully equipped with protective equipment. This is an artificial situation, there is no evidence that someone infected with COVID-19 will aerosolize COVID-19. The current evidence is that infected persons will infect others through droplets when coughing/sneezing, direct contact with others and when other people come into contact with the surfaces that an infected person touched with contaminated fluids. Droplets do not have the same dynamics as aerosols.

Furthermore, The NEJM study showed COVID-19 was still viable 72 hours after it was applied to plastic and stainless steel, although the volume of virus decreased exponentially over time. On copper, there was no viable COVID-19 after 4 hours, on cardboard there was no viable SRS-CoV-2 virus after 24 hours. Thus the kind of guidance that we’re giving about washing hands and wiping surfaces is likely to be very good advice.

Wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. Continue to practice social distancing, stay safe.

Sorry about the off topic comment.

addendum. COVID-19 aka SRS-CoV-2, sorry if any confusion, the acronyms are interchangeable.
Props to you @Benito for your front line work. Also props to you updates. Great work all around man.

You forgot fecal oral transmission. The scourge can spread through poor plumbing, aka Toronto condo plumbing.

Yes there is evidence that SARS-CoV-2 is detectable in the stool of some infected patients. This was also the case with SARS and MERS. What isn’t yet known is whether this is infection competent virus. Thus far there isn’t any evidence of fecal oral spread. However, it does mean that more care is required to disinfect the bathrooms of patients with COVID-19 and because droplets may form when flushing the toilet, that toilet seat covers should be closed prior to flushing.

Back