Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

units like that are often custom fitted - so there is a bit of a lead time, but not 4-5 years. They probably need a sale a year before the unit can be occupied.

I know 1 King West and Trump both still have unfurnished shell units in their penthouse levels that have never sold to a buyer, meaning that they have never been fitted out.

units like that are often custom fitted - so there is a bit of a lead time, but not 4-5 years. They probably need a sale a year before the unit can be occupied.

I know 1 King West and Trump both still have unfurnished shell units in their penthouse levels that have never sold to a buyer, meaning that they have never been fitted out.
The Trump/St. Regis super penthouse was actually sold not too long ago: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-canada-s-biggest-condo-in-former-trump-tower

Exactly... so the fact that the higher floors are unsold in this building should be completely normal and expected, right?

Busy on site today and into the late evening last night as well.
87DF0D74-3C90-4101-8545-A412258B8376.jpeg
AF093B3C-0CD5-4B26-A496-ED6A6D601DDB.jpeg
0F31AEBC-A7ED-41A9-8D79-2E5815EDD0E8.jpeg
AFF7C896-4862-4B98-8576-1A36BEEAB079.jpeg
1097B7C6-C4FE-4897-839F-1D8D2438505E.jpeg
A537BC1A-D014-4C50-A365-EF9CAFED6A0E.jpeg
C0DECBD2-C3C6-4DF7-805E-6F3435D615BA.jpeg

Looks like they are taking down the crane ;):p

Yep, with sales of units greatly overestimated and a massive bridge loan with unbearable interest applied on a daily basis this project is coming to a sharp halt. Mizrahi will be lucky to avoid bankruptcy by the end of this.

Yep, with sales of units greatly overestimated and a massive bridge loan with unbearable interest applied on a daily basis this project is coming to a sharp halt. Mizrahi will be lucky to avoid bankruptcy by the end of this.
Don't blow your load just yet. If you bothered to look at the picture, the crane is lifting a casing for a super column into the site.

I'm sure their tongue is planted very deep into their cheek ;)

Hard to believe that CIBC Square and The One were started almost at the exact same time...approx. July 1 2017. Actually more like astounding. Aside from the more challenging location logistics for The One, you can clearly see the difference unlimited funds provide. The scope of the CIBC project is 5x that of The One and look at that progress. It's been 1 1/2 years and they haven't poured a single foundation yet. CiBC Square may well be finished before this is even out of the ground.

At the rate the super columns are being inserted (3/31 so far?), it probably won't be until the summer that the foundation is poured, and late summer that it hits ground level.

Back