Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Still, not nearly as big a site as 1 blood east so I don't see how this tower could be bigger or even as big.

Yeah i agree, unless they are buying everything south to 760 Yonge and west to Balmuto
I can see a midrise L shaped development with the 80+ storey tower at the intersection,
...remember One Bloor East was originaly approved for 953 feet/290 meters, even though GG is building shorter

I believe the owner has been quoted as saying the land assembled is equal in size to One Bloor.
With Uptown in the way, it will most definitely a L shape plot that include Scotia to the West and Cash money to the south to make up the size of One Bloor's Plot, or it must extend further south of hayden to make up the sizeView attachment 38198

Last edited:
Why should private business throw money at fixing up their Yonge Street frontage when the city won't spend a nickel of it's own money on Yonge? The businesses along Granville have spent a lot of money on their storefronts on Granville after the Canada Line which included great work on turning Granville around.

Would you spend money on your building if it sat on an ugly and neglected city street? Why would resturants open up when they can't even have money making patios because the sidewalks are dangerously thin?

The city is rebuilding Yonge street in 2016 and will likely include widened sidewalks.

It's not just Yonge Street, roads and sidewalks throughout the central part of the city are in horrific condition. Nearly everywhere.

The city is rebuilding Yonge street in 2016 and will likely include widened sidewalks.

I would imagine that traffic lanes would need to be removed if the sidewalks are to be noticeably larger. Might as well include separated bike lanes if that's what's gonna happen. Something like this would be wonderful:

12245401886_e393f43e13_o.jpg

Last edited:
Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 101609 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Jan 7, 2015

Project: Retail Store Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 3 storey retail building.

I would imagine that traffic lanes would need to be removed if the sidewalks are to be noticeably larger. Might as well include separated bike lanes if that's what's gonna happen.

You need space for left turn lanes and lay-by areas for taxis and delivery vehicles so that they don't block the road when stopping, so I don't think bike lanes will be possible with a widened sidewalk area.

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Not Started

TORONTO M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 101609 DEM 00 DM Accepted Date: Jan 7, 2015

Project: Retail Store Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 3 storey retail building.

I better go in and see if I can get a deal on a Barbour jacket

I would imagine that traffic lanes would need to be removed if the sidewalks are to be noticeably larger. Might as well include separated bike lanes if that's what's gonna happen. Something like this would be wonderful:

12245401886_e393f43e13_o.jpg

They should not have bike lanes down Yonge.

Yonge needs every square inch for pedestrians and bike lanes take away from that. Church and Bay great but Yonge should not be a bikeway. Getting rid of even 2 traffic lanes to add 2 bike lanes doesn't do Yonge much good. The sidewalks on Yonge must be at least doubled in width to properly and safely handle the amount of pedestrian traffic it already has. Personally I think Yonge should be pedestrian only from Bloor all the way to Front.

There are thousands of different streets primarily for cars, missing Yonge won't cause any harm.

Double the width?!? Yonge is busy and wider sidewalks would be nice but, I hardly find the current width to be a hazzard. I find flow is decent where the sidewalk isn't narrowed to construction and despite self absorb people stopping to chat right in the middle of it.

Double the width?!? Yonge is busy and wider sidewalks would be nice but, I hardly find the current width to be a hazzard. I find flow is decent where the sidewalk isn't narrowed to construction and despite self absorb people stopping to chat right in the middle of it.

I somewhat disagree, certain areas like just North of Dundas are already very congested. Also we have nearly twenty 50+ towers planned or U/C along Yonge. Lets plan ahead.

Between Dundas and Gerrard badly needs double width, the other areas not so much. 50% more would probably be fine. The areas around the above ground subway entrances around King and Queen are really tight as well.

Between Dundas and Gerrard badly needs double width, the other areas not so much. 50% more would probably be fine. The areas around the above ground subway entrances around King and Queen are really tight as well.
I'd say everything south of Bloor needs to be double width. Have you ever tried walking between College and Bloor during rush hour? I usually can't walk at my normal speed on this section because the sidewalks are so congested.

Back