Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Lunchtime update.

2sXQISz.jpg

It is extremely unlikely that a construction lender would be comfortable with the risks associated with this development.

I'm not sure what they are doing on the site at the moment but I highly doubt they are starting construction. Do they even have a permit to excavate?

It is extremely unlikely that a construction lender would be comfortable with the risks associated with this development.

I'm not sure what they are doing on the site at the moment but I highly doubt they are starting construction. Do they even have a permit to excavate?

No such thing as an excavation permit. They have a shoring permit.

You severely underestimate the importance of credibility, experience, reputation and integrity.
We're just waiting for the September date when a number of the details of the development, including what you're wondering aloud about, are going be revealed.

There is a ton of hype in the real estate world about this one. I expect it will sell.

I agree entirely.

Just wanted to point out that construction doesn't actually depend on the condo selling out because the condo is a bonus add-on.

Last edited:
I agree entirely.

Just wanted to point out that construction doesn't actually depend on the condo selling out because the condo is the bolt-on; not the retail.

You don't spend $250 million in land cost, plus another $100 million in carrying costs, to build a multi level retail podium.

Sorry. Not in this provincial city. This isn't 5th Avenue.

Edit- 5th Avenue before Amazon crushed retailers.

Last edited:
Where are you getting those numbers?
Also, how much do you think Great Gulf sold the retail across the street for?

Was over $2200psf - although that included 50-odd parking spots

You've confused me - deduct $5million from what number?

Back