The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
The story says that "Over 3,000 people have pre-registered for a chance to purchase the approximately 416 suites to be offered in the tower." That's insane.

But not unheard of for landmark buildings. I cannot image that the first 416 people through the doors will each buy one unit, but I wonder what percentage will buy.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well, to go along with this new East Elevation, we have a new front page story up here, and the dataBase file has been updated with new stats (but no new renderings yet, as they are not yet ready). The story explains the new height.42

From the article:

The height in metres converts to 1,004' 11", which will satisfy all those who cling to the outmoded imperial system and who classify any building taller than 1000 feet as a 'Supertall'.

Ha! On a more serious note, is there word on the possible PATH connection?

AoD

DonValleyRainbow

Member Bio
Reaction score
Well, to go along with this new East Elevation, we have a new front page story up here, and the dataBase file has been updated with new stats* (but no new renderings yet, as they are not yet ready). The story explains the new height.

View attachment 108123
* @DonValleyRainbow

Updated on the list and in the map. This now moves out of a tie with the west tower of Mirvish+Gehry and claims the #3 spot for its own on the list. Assuming One Yonge Street (#2) and YSL Residences (#1) take some more time to get approved, and that construction moves fast, this will nonetheless hold the title of the tallest building in Toronto for at least some time. On top of it all, it sits at a higher elevation; this will look insane from north of downtown, and will rise ~20% higher than One Bloor East.

The story says that "Over 3,000 people have pre-registered for a chance to purchase the approximately 416 suites to be offered in the tower." That's insane.

Heh. Suite total of 416 in the tallest of the 416.

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Uhh the top of the tower in that East Elevation looks completely different from the renders, and not in a good way. Did they change it?
It's tough to tell from the elevation exactly how it's changed, but yes, it does look like it will be different. I wasn't a fan of the previous iteration compared with the earlier ones—I'm hoping for something a little beefier up top—so we'll just have to cross our fingers as we wait for the purty pickchers.

Perkie

Member Bio
Reaction score
I wonder how they solved the issue of entering the parking garage off the back lane. The 2 new condos behind were worried that a third giant building would add too much traffic in the lane and exiting onto Balmuto Street. In addition service vehicles would need to use this narrow lane for all 3 buildings.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score
No changes on site yet. But I guess we won't see anything until later this summer.
IMG_2375.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 289