Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Very minor update. According to the city's building application status, there has been a revision to the shoring application:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 260226 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Dec 13, 2016

Project: Other Shoring

Description: REV - 01 Proposal for stand-alone shoring for Soil Remediation

Very minor update. According to the city's building application status, there has been a revision to the shoring application:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4W 1A3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 260226 BLD 01 BA Accepted Date: Dec 13, 2016

Project: Other Shoring

Description: REV - 01 Proposal for stand-alone shoring for Soil Remediation

The building application site has been updated, and the above application has been refused.

What does that even mean - that the shoring application has been refused? Is it something to be concerned about, or is this merely a wee hiccup?

Is there any way to find out why the shoring application was refused? For example a certain City Councilor requesting a refusal?

Shoring permits are often refused because the applicant has not yet presented an acceptable traffic plan (for trucks removing the earth) or received a street obstruction permit or many reasons. Shoring/excavation permits are also not usually issued until a Site Plan has been approved. Another, recent, example, of a refusal is 158 Front. Developers like to get started but the City (wisely in my opinion!) does not want to get in the position of having a large hole that "needs to be filled up" and wants to ensure a proper site plan is in place.

I feel like this one is running out of gas and will soon be cancelled. I don't have any information on this it's just my opinion but the lack of traction this is getting seems suspicious..

[...] the lack of traction this is getting seems suspicious..

Guys - the zoning for this project has not even been approved yet. You can't build a build a building without the zoning being in place. There is nothing suspicious about that. Even conditional building permits require that the zoning be in full force and effect. While developers will occasionally achieve excavation/shoring/etc. permits in advance of all zoning requirements being met, it's far more the exception than the rule, and it's completely discretionary on the CBO's part.

The OMB has scheduled a hearing for the rezoning to commence on April 18, 2017. I assume other matters (site plan, etc.) are being lined up as we speak.

I feel like this one is running out of gas and will soon be cancelled. I don't have any information on this it's just my opinion but the lack of traction this is getting seems suspicious..

There is nothing to strongly suggest that is the case.

Guys - the zoning for this project has not even been approved yet. You can't build a build a building without the zoning being in place. There is nothing suspicious about that. Even conditional building permits require that the zoning be in full force and effect. While developers will occasionally achieve excavation/shoring/etc. permits in advance of all zoning requirements being met, it's far more the exception than the rule, and it's completely discretionary on the CBO's part.

The OMB has scheduled a hearing for the rezoning to commence on April 18, 2017. I assume other matters (site plan, etc.) are being lined up as we speak.

Well they are taking their sweet time, lets put it that way

Back