The One | 338.3m | 94s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Ramako

Member Bio
Reaction score
Perhaps they are building the retail portion up front, and selling units during this phase of construction? Or capping after that point until sales reach their investors threshold? The NOI from the retail would be substantial alone.

I hear the retail portion has mostly been leased and financed, and that shoring will begin before the end of the year. No condo units have been sold yet and technically they could cap it, but they're very confident that they'll sell based on their registrations and have no intention of capping.

LNahid2000

Member Bio
Reaction score
Got a letter in the mail today from some law firm about an OMB prehearing for this project. At first I was really confused about why I was receiving mail from the OMB 4 years after I stopped working for them, but then I realized I signed up for a mailing list for One Bloor. Anyway, now I'm confused because I thought this building was approved already. Found some information on the hearing here:

https://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL160431

Last edited:

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Got a letter in the mail today from some law firm about an OMB prehearing for this project. At first I was really confused about why I was receiving mail from the OMB 4 years after I stopped working for them, but then I realized I signed up for a mailing list for One Bloor. Anyway, now I'm confused because I thought this building was approved already. Found some information on the hearing here:

https://www.omb.gov.on.ca/ecs/CaseDetail.aspx?n=PL160431

I'm pretty sure the approval is being appealed.

buildup

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is there any way to know specifally who is trying to reverse the appeal, and obstruct the advancement of the city?
Would it be the counsilor or residents of other Balmuto towers?

LNahid2000

Member Bio
Reaction score
The notice from the OMB says that Mizrahi is taking the city to the OMB because they wouldn't make a decision fast enough.