IMG_4197.jpeg
IMG_4198.jpeg
IMG_4199.jpeg

Yonge Side:

IMG_4200.jpeg
IMG_4201.jpeg
IMG_4202.jpeg
IMG_4203.jpeg

And since this was brought up yesterday....

"As for the project Mizrahi is, arguably, best known for, The One, there’s still no word on whether or not there are any competitive bidders or prospective purchase agreements. We learned in late May that the project would be listed for sale, and that a minimum bid threshold was proposed to be set at $1.2 billion. The sales process was green-lit by the Ontario courts shortly after, with JLL selected to market and solicit offers, and a non-binding bid deadline slated for July 30."

Source:

Dated yesterday. And nothing about Mizrahi buying back The One. Or the supposed Red Wedding that took place with Skygrid staff last Friday afternoon here.

h/o to Mr. @AlbertC for the cross linked article.

And since this was brought up yesterday....

Source:

Dated yesterday. And nothing about Mizrahi buying back The One. Or the supposed Red Wedding that took place with Skygrid staff last Friday afternoon here.

h/o to Mr. @AlbertC for the cross linked article.
Mizrahi is like a reverse Midas now - everything he touches turns to dirt. Maybe he should change his name to Sadim (Midas backwards). It’s not so far from Sam after all 😉

Mizrahi is like a reverse Midas now - everything he touches turns to dirt. Maybe he should change his name to Sadim (Midas backwards). It’s not so far from Sam after all 😉
While I agree that's true when it comes to financing here...but quite the opposite when it comes to his buildings. IMO. Very few developers are as passionate as he is with his dreams and love for quality...and demonstratively so. However, that didn't translate well into a sound funding narrative. And he played recklessly with shallow pockets even in that....

...I still believe you can both worlds here. That is, amazing building with sound financing. It was obvious that Mizrahi was found wanting with the latter. And to put that mildly. >.<

Edit/Erratum: I still believe you can have* both...proper.

Last edited:
While I agree that's true when it comes to financing here...but quite the opposite when it comes to his buildings. IMO. Very few developers are as passionate as he is with his dreams and love for quality...and demonstratively so. However, that didn't translate well into a sound funding narrative. And he played recklessly with shallow pockets even in that....

...I still believe you can both worlds here. That is, amazing building with sound financing. It was obvious that Mizrahi was found wanting with the latter. And to put that mildly. >.<
Indeed, I didn’t mean his buildings are ugly. Hopefully his fate won’t deter other developers from building beautiful structures.

Is SkyGrid the builder?
I believe they are the company brought in under the arrangement of the receivership to complete this tower while it's being sold off. Mizrahi is still the developer on record here...but not much else.

Edit/Erratum: I still believe you can have* both...proper.
You can have passion about quality and sound financing. But you forgot a very important trait that Sam was lacking -- COMPETENCE.

Back