Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

An even bigger concern are all of the higher end (130 condos) unsold units. The top third of this building will sit empty and dark.

Am I correct in my recollection that these units, or all the units, were to use private valets to bring their cars out front? If true, perhaps that's a dealbreaker for many considering the hassle of not having direct access to one's vehicle or having to make an appointment to get it. Also how would that work in the am/pm rush...you'd need like twenty valets running up and down to get cars.

Hey everyone
I'm the artist who made the two images earlier (the dusk on young and the aerial ) . Its soo cool to see people talking about them. I really enjoyed making these pieces and the process was different from average ? I can answer anything about them....fyi The stars were added... there is ton of distortion on that podium, and the Photos we used were awesome to work with ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Am I correct in my recollection that these units, or all the units, were to use private valets to bring their cars out front? If true, perhaps that's a dealbreaker for many considering the hassle of not having direct access to one's vehicle or having to make an appointment to get it. Also how would that work in the am/pm rush...you'd need like twenty valets running up and down to get cars.
I have a feeling there wont be an "AM rush" in this building.

Asking for clarification here: is the ”Mortgage Deal of the Week” reproduced in post 5292 in effect an ad seeking a second mortgage for bridge funding or an announcement that such an agreement has been reached? Thanks in advance.

This is from Firm Capital's web site;

Capture.ytfc.JPG

Thanks, Androiduk. Since it is a completed transaction, it seems to me we should be at least mildly encouraged. It means another set of people have a significant stake in the completion of the project. Moreover, they are betting a large sum of money that something will come of it.

Thanks, Androiduk. Since it is a completed transaction, it seems to me we should be at least mildly encouraged. It means another set of people have a significant stake in the completion of the project. Moreover, they are betting a large sum of money that something will come of it.
I'm questioning whether Mizrahi himself will come out of this with much of any profit, but hopefully the pace to which construction has already started and this injection of money, means that we will not be left with a hole in the ground for years.

I'm questioning whether Mizrahi himself will come out of this with much of any profit, but hopefully the pace to which construction has already started and this injection of money, means that we will not be left with a hole in the ground for years.
If he does pull it off, I expect that it'll be his legacy project more than a profit generator. Getting a project of that magnitude built would establish him as a serious luxury developer and open up all kinds of other opportunities for him.

If he does pull it off, I expect that it'll be his legacy project more than a profit generator. Getting a project of that magnitude built would establish him as a serious luxury developer and open up all kinds of other opportunities for him.
Like run for Prime Minister? ?

An even bigger concern are all of the higher end (130 condos) unsold units. The top third of this building will sit empty and dark.
Mizrahis new signboard at 128 Hazelton is advertising the sales office for "the one" as open 7 days a week... make from that what you will. I Hope we dont end up with another Dove cleaners fiasco again for the sake of all the people that bought units here.

Last edited:
Always felt like this building went way overboard. Great Gulf was right to scale down One Bloor to a much more realistic and affordable level. This building is great but the prices were very ambitious and given how the economic climate has changed pretty drastically since sales started here, I'd be surprised to see this baby get built close to what was proposed. Hope I'm wrong but there isn't as much money to go around these days and it's much harder to get loans or finding people willing to invest in such a project. The Chinese are not buying like they used to.

Always felt like this building went way overboard. Great Gulf was right to scale down One Bloor to a much more realistic and affordable level. This building is great but the prices were very ambitious and given how the economic climate has changed pretty drastically since sales started here, I'd be surprised to see this baby get built close to what was proposed. Hope I'm wrong but there isn't as much money to go around these days and it's much harder to get loans or finding people willing to invest in such a project. The Chinese are not buying like they used to.

Huh? The economy is booming as long as you're not in Alberta (Canada's unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1976), and there's a real dearth of top-end luxury stock in Toronto. I don't expect sales to be a problem here.

Huh? The economy is booming as long as you're not in Alberta (Canada's unemployment rate is the lowest it's been since 1976), and there's a real dearth of top-end luxury stock in Toronto. I don't expect sales to be a problem here.

The economy is booming? Where have you been hiding? It is not booming and has slowed down. You will find plenty of articles about an expected slowdown and impending recession. I'm hardly bearish but the fun times are over. You don't expect sales to be a problem here? They already are.

The economy is booming? Where have you been hiding? It is not booming and has slowed down. You will find plenty of articles about an expected slowdown and impending recession. I'm hardly bearish but the fun times are over. You don't expect sales to be a problem here? They already are.

To reiterate exactly the same data from my previous post, the unemployment rate in this country *is at its lowest rate since they started measuring the unemployment rate in the current way.*

But, sure, let’s just ignore facts and data and the progress that has been made and predict impending doom while we’re at it, because it just makes for so much better discussion.

Back